Posted to rec.woodworking
Contrarian

Default nice enough "new" book

a Sunset book copyright 1974:

_ How To Make Bookshelves And Cabinets _

Nothing exotic. It describes types of wood
and other materials, basic tools, wood joinery
methods, and gives plans for several projects.

Aimed at the complete novice. Haven't found
anything of the sort in the bookstores yet.
Any suggestions welcome.

--
but the edge is still Out there. Or maybe it's In... HST (1967)
when i got to the edge , i built a deck % (2005)
Posted to rec.woodworking
AAvK

Stephen Corbett's books, namely:

"The Practical Woodworker:
A Comprehensive and Easy-to-Follow Course for the Home Woodworker"
ISBN: 0754806316

As low as .64c on Amazon.com. I think it's a great book for beginners like me.
I got mine cheap at a Border's. It's got everything needed to get started, tools,
woods, plans and projects, great pictures, everything. Very easy to follow. Read
the reviews.

...I hope this helps,

--
Alex - "newbie_neander" woodworker
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com

Posted to rec.woodworking
AAvK

Looks like I followed the wrong page on amazon, this is the one I have:

Practical Woodworker : A Comprehensive Step by Step Course in Working
ISBN: 0681783362

--
Alex - "newbie_neander" woodworker
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com
not my site: http://www.e-sword.net/

Posted to rec.woodworking
Contrarian

AAvK wrote:

Looks like I followed the wrong page on amazon, this is the one I have:
Practical Woodworker : A Comprehensive Step by Step Course in Working
ISBN: 0681783362

thanks.