Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Where to buy hardwood in the Daytona area

Does anyone know where to buy hardwood in the Daytona Beach area?

Posted to rec.woodworking
remove

On 14 Jan 2006 04:40:52 -0800, wrote:

Does anyone know where to buy hardwood in the Daytona Beach area?

Try:
www.woodfinder.com

HTH
Bill
Posted to rec.woodworking
John Eppley

I put "Woodfinder" to the test for my Florida location. I searched for both
"Apple" and "Baltic" plywood using my Zip code. Zero results.........Very
strange since I recently purchased plywood from two different dealers.
Woodfinder needs some work !!!!

John

"carver (remove)" wrote in message
On 14 Jan 2006 04:40:52 -0800, wrote:

Does anyone know where to buy hardwood in the Daytona Beach area?

Try:
www.woodfinder.com

HTH
Bill

Posted to rec.woodworking
Knotbob

Woodcraft on the west side of Orlando or some cabinet/millwork
shops will stock or order you what you need.
Robert Smith

wrote:
Does anyone know where to buy hardwood in the Daytona Beach area?

Posted to rec.woodworking
LRod

On 14 Jan 2006 04:40:52 -0800, wrote:

Does anyone know where to buy hardwood in the Daytona Beach area?

I'm in Ormond Beach, and right around the corner from me, right next
to the Iron Horse Saloon on US1 just north of Nova Road is
Southeastern Woods. I walked through there once, and he has some stuff
that will be of interest although I wasn't ready to buy then. He
closes at 3 or 3:30, so get there early. He's not on Woodfinder.

On State St, I think (one block west of US1), between Holy Hell and
Ormond is M&M, although I was unimpressed with their stock. Also not
on Woodfinder, I don't think.

There's an exotic dealer, primarily for turning stock, bowls and such,
in Port Orange. I forget his name but it shows up on Woodfinder.com

The best close by one is Chipmunk in Edgewater. Also on Woodfinder for
directions. You must go there at least once.

Woodcraft in Casselberry is only about a 40 mile trip. Drop SWMBO off
at either Seminole Mall or Altamonte Mall and go visit, as they have
some wood.

Only a few blocks away (and on the way) is an exotic wood dealer whose
name I forget, but it's on Woodfinder. You must go there once, also.

There's a lumber dealer in Melbourne (T.A. Foley, I think) that shows
up on Woodfinder, but I've never been there. If I'm going that far,
I'll just go to Chipmunk.

On the state road that runs south out of Silver Springs there's a wood
and machinery dealer whose name escapes me, but you're talking about a
60+ mile drive, now. I can't remember if they're on Woodfinder or not.

If you're not put off by that drive, the Woodcraft in Jacksonville is
only 80 miles away. My daughter just moved there, so I'll be spending
some time up that way, and I'll find all the wood dealers there are to
be found there.

When I was selling some tools last year, one of the guys who came by
has a Woodmizer not far away and he told me that there were at least
two dozen small mills in the Volusia/Seminole/Lake/Putnam County area.
Try calling Woodmizer for some names.

This should keep you busy.

Are you permanently in DAB or just visiting?

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

Posted to rec.woodworking
remove

On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 22:44:07 GMT, Ba r r y
wrote:

On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 17:56:15 GMT, "John Eppley"
wrote:

I put "Woodfinder" to the test for my Florida location. I searched for both
"Apple" and "Baltic" plywood using my Zip code. Zero results.........Very
strange since I recently purchased plywood from two different dealers.
Woodfinder needs some work !!!!

It sucks for CT, as well.

Barry

I haven't tried searching for specific types, only generic, like
"hardwood".

Once I have a list of dealers, I use good ol' Ma Bell to track down
what I want.

Even if the listed suppliers don't carry what you need, they will
sometimes point you to someone who does.

Bill