Posted to rec.woodworking
Matt S

Default Anecdote: woodworking thought for the day

Here's a story to relieve some stress from the day:

So here I am at Borders taking back some Christmas presents and
spending 2 hours in the wood working section trying to figure out what
I need. Thought about Taunton's encyclopedias but at $40 a piece I
would only be able to get one book. So I bought "How to price
woodworking--something or other" and headed up to the magazines.

Wouldn't you know it--it must be router month or something. Every
single one of them had a router on the cover or how to build yet
another bigger better router table or a how to on router buying. So I
looked through those for an hour trying to get the most bang for the
buck and picked up the latest Shopnotes a couple of times only to set
it down. I left with two different woodworking magazines (not
Shopnotes) and went home.

I checked the mail on the way up and wouldn't you know it--Shopnotes
sent me their latest copy with a here's one on us type deal wanting me
to subscribe. Cheers to the mail marketing guys over at Shopnotes, the
subscription card goes out tomorrow

-Matt

Posted to rec.woodworking
Mark & Juanita

On 27 Dec 2005 13:26:17 -0800, "Matt S" wrote:

Here's a story to relieve some stress from the day:

.... snip
buck and picked up the latest Shopnotes a couple of times only to set
it down. I left with two different woodworking magazines (not
Shopnotes) and went home.

I checked the mail on the way up and wouldn't you know it--Shopnotes
sent me their latest copy with a here's one on us type deal wanting me
to subscribe. Cheers to the mail marketing guys over at Shopnotes, the
subscription card goes out tomorrow

Can't beat that. I'd have probably brought ShopNotes home only to find
the free one in the mail.