DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Anecdote: woodworking thought for the day (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/137309-anecdote-woodworking-thought-day.html)

Matt S December 27th 05 09:26 PM

Anecdote: woodworking thought for the day

Here's a story to relieve some stress from the day:

So here I am at Borders taking back some Christmas presents and
spending 2 hours in the wood working section trying to figure out what
I need. Thought about Taunton's encyclopedias but at $40 a piece I
would only be able to get one book. So I bought "How to price
woodworking--something or other" and headed up to the magazines.

Wouldn't you know it--it must be router month or something. Every
single one of them had a router on the cover or how to build yet
another bigger better router table or a how to on router buying. So I
looked through those for an hour trying to get the most bang for the
buck and picked up the latest Shopnotes a couple of times only to set
it down. I left with two different woodworking magazines (not
Shopnotes) and went home.

I checked the mail on the way up and wouldn't you know it--Shopnotes
sent me their latest copy with a here's one on us type deal wanting me
to subscribe. Cheers to the mail marketing guys over at Shopnotes, the
subscription card goes out tomorrow ;)

-Matt

Mark & Juanita December 28th 05 02:35 AM

On 27 Dec 2005 13:26:17 -0800, "Matt S" wrote:

Here's a story to relieve some stress from the day:

.... snip
buck and picked up the latest Shopnotes a couple of times only to set
it down. I left with two different woodworking magazines (not
Shopnotes) and went home.

I checked the mail on the way up and wouldn't you know it--Shopnotes
sent me their latest copy with a here's one on us type deal wanting me
to subscribe. Cheers to the mail marketing guys over at Shopnotes, the
subscription card goes out tomorrow ;)

Can't beat that. I'd have probably brought ShopNotes home only to find
the free one in the mail.