Posted to rec.woodworking
Shawn

Default yorkcraft 6" Jointer

Does anyone own a Yorkcraft 6" jointer that may have good or bad things to
say about it? At $339, feature for feature, it seems to be good machine.
I've compared this to Bridgewood (Also from Wilk Machinery), Grizzley, and
the more expensive Jet and Delta. Any feedback would be good to hear before
I buy.... thanks!

Shawn

Posted to rec.woodworking
Borked Pseudo Mailed

On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 19:37:20 +0000, Shawn wrote:

Does anyone own a Yorkcraft 6" jointer that may have good or bad things to
say about it? At $339, feature for feature, it seems to be good machine.
I've compared this to Bridgewood (Also from Wilk Machinery), Grizzley, and
the more expensive Jet and Delta. Any feedback would be good to hear before
I buy.... thanks!

Shawn

If you search google groups with "Yorkcraft Ken Dibble" you'll
find a mini review of the 8" I did a year ago. My opinions haven't
changed. There are comments from 6" owners in that thread, as well.

Good Luck,
Ken

Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill Leonhardt

Shawn,

I've owned the Yorkcraft 6" for a couple of years. This is my first
jointer so I don't have a lot to compare it to. Works great for me.
Mine has levers to raise and lower the tables. I think hand wheels are
probably a little better. I put a HF mobile base under it. I think
the new ones have wheels so there's a savings. I am comfortable
recommending it.

Before purchasing it, I contacted Wilke. They offered to pull a unit
and measure the table flatness before shipping. I thought that was
nice customer service.

Good luck,

Bill Leonhardt