Scott

Default Yorkcraft Jointer Blades and Parts

Hi all,

The Yorkcraft 6" jointer seems to have a pretty good following in this
group, and it has received positive reviews. I am looking at either the
Grizzly or the Yorkcraft. My only concern with the Yorkcraft is it is
exclusive though Wilke (I am pretty sure the Grizzly is exclusive also) and
should I be concerned about not being able to find parts such as blades in
the future if it's discontinued? I have seen several post on people being
concerned with the Ridgid woodworking tools being exclusive through the
BORG.

Also, since it is so close in design to the Delta, would Delta blades work
in it if at somepoint I would not be able to get replacements from Wilke.

Finally, for those of you who have delt with Wilke, was your experience
positive?

As always, any and all feedback is greatly appriciated, I'm looking to make
a purchase pretty soon.
Regards,
Scott

Unisaw A100

Scott wrote:
My only concern with the Yorkcraft is it is exclusive though Wilke (I am
pretty sure the Grizzly is exclusive also)

Absolutely not. They'll allow anyone to own their machines.

Oh! You mean proprietary. Then yes, the Yorkcraft and the
Grizzly are. Actually, it's rumored that all these machines
are built in one of the same five Chiwanese plants but
finding out which one and what other machines match your
"exactly" isn't a task anyone has set for themselves.

should I be concerned about not being able to find parts such as blades in
the future if it's discontinued?

All blades in the world are made by Freud and at last count
I noticed they made blades for the older style Delta 6"
(short bed jointer) along with blades for Boice-Crane,
Walker-Turner and so on. Actually, they don't make blades
for any of these machines but do make blades in all the
different configurations of thickness, width and length and
it's merely a matter of matching the one up to your machine.

Jesada also makes blades.

By the way, to put this in perspective, worrying about
blades for your jointer would be like worrying about getting
tires for your six year old Transmaro.

UA100

Jswee

I purchased the yorkcraft 6" Jointer from Wilke last year and I've been very
happy with it. A month after I got it Wilke customer service called to see
how I liked it, which I thought was impressive. It's good to see a company
that cares about the customer. I am happy enough with it that I am going to
order a Bridgewood 17" bandsaw from Wilke this spring.

Jswee

Edwin Pawlowski

WD wrote:

They never call me! And the freight charge was outrages!
Maybe, I should call them and ask why my freight charges was so high?

What is considered outrageous? I've not ordered yet, but they did give me a
firm quote on the freight cost so I kow going it what I'll have to pay.
--
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome

Tony

Same here, shipping was $82 from the warehouse to Knoxville, TN. I'm very
happy with the jointer and the shipping was great. Delivered by a moving
van type truck with a lift gate, surprised the heck out of me.

Tony
Edwin Pawlowski wrote in message
m...