Joseph Smith

Default Yorkcraft YC-8J Jointer???

The SWMBO has authorized me (when Uncle Sam returns my money)
to get a new jointer. I had been looking at the Delta 37-195 6" but I
wanted
a longer table length. Then I looked at Sunhill's 6" with a 52" table
length
but Sunhill can't get any in stock to their distributors until AT LEAST the
May timeframe. Then I stumbled onto Wilke Machinery Company who
make Bridgewood and Yorkcraft products. They have their YC-8J, 8",
72" table length jointer on sale from $795.00 to $599.00 and until March 20
they are taking 25% of their shipping costs. Anyone ever use Yorkcraft?
It is a helluva a deal on an 8" jointer and I know I can't expect it to be
as
good as a DJ-20 (which I'll never be able to afford); but for a hobbyist
who is looking to square a face on long boards for planing as well as joint
an edge, is this a reliable machine? Any inputs will be appreciated (inputs
about the jointer that is).
http://www.wilkemach.com/OnlineCatal...tail=309904 8
02353153&PreviousCategory=Jointers
Joey in Chesapeake

Joseph Smith

Thanks Tony, your the first person in this post
I've ever heard mentioning they own Yorkcraft.
I was worried that I wouldn't get any inputs.
TKS again.

Joey in Chesapeake
"Tony" wrote in message
Hi Joey, I have the Yorkcraft 6" jointer, I love it......

Joseph Smith

??? Who is from TN. I'm in VA.
"WD" wrote in message
On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 20:56:48 -0500, "Tony"
wrote:

Hi Joey, I have the Yorkcraft 6" jointer, I love it......

And I'm still bitching about the freight charges.
You are from TN and I'm from KC and I pay $240 for two machines!

http://www.wilkemach.com/OnlineCatal...hDetail=309904

8
02353153&PreviousCategory=Jointers
Joey in Chesapeake

Joseph Smith

The YC-8J comes wired 220V. With a mobile base, the shipping weight is 487.
Cost to ship to my zip is about $83.25 ($111 less 25% freight discount valid
until March 20th).
They are expecting the machines to be in stock in March.

"Tony" wrote in message
Hi, what did Wilke Mach. tell you when you contacted them?

wrote:

[...]

Jswee

Joseph -
I have a yorkcraft 6" Jointer and I'm very happy with it. I've had it for
almost a year. I'm very impressed with Wilke and their quality for the
price. I called last week to order a 17" Bridgewood bandsaw from them but
it's out of stock until May. It weighs 300 lbs and the quoted shipping
charge was $95 and I'm in Northern Michigan. I would guess that you would
be very pleased with that Jointer. If I recall correctly the shipping cost
on my Jointer was under $100.

Jswee
Curmudgeon in Training