Mike S.

Default Yorkcraft Jointer??

Anyone have the Yorkcraft jointer, looking for pro's and cons on it. The
price is reasonable from
www.wilkemachinery.com .
Thanks, Mike
--

Mike S.

http://members.tripod.com/n0yii/woodworking.htm

Brian

People like it. Search the archives. You'd better live close to Wilke,
though, or they'll stiff you on freight. For those who live elsewhere, the
Grizzly machines are a better deal.

Brian.

"Mike S." wrote in message
. com...
Anyone have the Yorkcraft jointer, looking for pro's and cons on it. The
price is reasonable from
www.wilkemachinery.com .
Thanks, Mike
--

Mike S.

http://members.tripod.com/n0yii/woodworking.htm

Kevin Conway

Not sure the size your looking for, if your on the westcoast; look at
Sunhill. I spoke to the folks at Yorkcraft and asked them how the felt
about the Sunhill jointers. They had nothing but good things to say about
them and said they're a stepup from the Yorkcraft line, competitive with
their Bridewood line. Sunhill is backordered on the 6" but they've got a
good deal on the 8" with "blemished" tables due to moisture. I order one
last Thursday and they had it at my door this Tuesday. $850 delivered to
Los Angeles with liftgate in perfect condition.

Kevin

"Brian" wrote in message
People like it. Search the archives. You'd better live close to Wilke,
though, or they'll stiff you on freight. For those who live elsewhere,

the
Grizzly machines are a better deal.

Brian.

"Mike S." wrote in message
. com...
Anyone have the Yorkcraft jointer, looking for pro's and cons on it. The
price is reasonable from
www.wilkemachinery.com .
Thanks, Mike
--

Mike S.

http://members.tripod.com/n0yii/woodworking.htm

Mike S.

I emailed wilkemachinery to find out what their shipping is to southeast Mo.
Only about $4. difference between their 6" and the Grizzly 1182Z. Also
noticed that the Yorkcraft has the switch mounted high like the Delta X
jointer and has the wheels built into the cabinet. Figuring 40-50 bucks for
a mobile base that brings the price to a noticable difference. I also looked
at the Craftsman 6 in. pro at Sears and wasn't to impressed. I'll post on
which one I get and how it turned out.

--
Mike S.
Cape Girardeau, Mo.

http://members.tripod.com/n0yii/woodworking.htm
"Mike S." wrote in message
. com...
Anyone have the Yorkcraft jointer, looking for pro's and cons on it. The
price is reasonable from
www.wilkemachinery.com .
Thanks, Mike
--

Mike S.

http://members.tripod.com/n0yii/woodworking.htm

tony1158

Hi Mike, I have YC 6" one. Love it, no probems. Have had it for about 18
months. Paid $299 + I believe $84 for shipping to Knoxville, TN. Incl.
lift gate truck.

Tony

"Mike S." wrote in message
. com...
Anyone have the Yorkcraft jointer, looking for pro's and cons on it. The
price is reasonable from
www.wilkemachinery.com .
Thanks, Mike
--

Mike S.

http://members.tripod.com/n0yii/woodworking.htm

Scott

Hi Mike,

I have had the 6" Yorkcraft for about a year now and have been very happy
with it. When I purchased mine I looked at the Grizzly also and thought the
shipping would be much cheaper however there was only a small difference (to
FL). It went together pretty well, the fence works well, is easy to adjust,
and stays square. I have delt with the folks at Wilke on several occasions
and they have always been great. I would buy another. If you have the
extra $$ and the space, you may want to look at the 8" YC.

Good luck,
Scott

"Mike S." wrote in message
. com...
Anyone have the Yorkcraft jointer, looking for pro's and cons on it. The
price is reasonable from
www.wilkemachinery.com .
Thanks, Mike
--

Mike S.

http://members.tripod.com/n0yii/woodworking.htm

Dave W

I have an 8 inch Yorkcraft. It is, in my view, a wonderful machine. Gets
things straight, flat and square. What more could one ask for? Even with
shipping to Maine, I think it was a great deal.
Dave
"Mike S." wrote in message
. com...
Anyone have the Yorkcraft jointer, looking for pro's and cons on it. The
price is reasonable from
www.wilkemachinery.com .
Thanks, Mike
--

Mike S.

http://members.tripod.com/n0yii/woodworking.htm

Brikp

If you sell. How much do you want? I can arrange shipping with pickup and
crating if price is worth it.

"WD" wrote in message
On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 15:27:54 GMT, "Mike S." wrote:

I have a Yorkcraft 8" jointer for about a year plus, use only three to
four
times together a spare set of knife. Will trade it for a drum sander
(willing to
pay difference) or sell it. Nothing wrong with it, however I need garage
space
and I can do without it. I'm in Kansas City.