Posted to rec.woodworking
Ray Durney

Default New Grizzly jointers

Has anyone had experience with the new Grizzly 8" jointers manufactured in
mainland China? I'm looking at either the G0593 or the G0586 model. Thanks

Posted to rec.woodworking
TT

Several people on the Woodnet forum have them and like them. Mine's
on order. The price on the 586 goes up at the end of this month.

TT

On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 20:24:23 -0700, "Ray Durney"
wrote:

Has anyone had experience with the new Grizzly 8" jointers manufactured in
mainland China? I'm looking at either the G0593 or the G0586 model. Thanks

Posted to rec.woodworking
James \Cubby\ Culbertson

"TT" wrote in message
Several people on the Woodnet forum have them and like them. Mine's
on order. The price on the 586 goes up at the end of this month.

TT

Any ideas how much it'll go up? I was in this same situation last year at
Christmas time with my 1023SL. Order now or pay more next week type thing.
Given the G0500 was up around $800 I suspect this one will jump to that
point as well but just guessing.
Cheers,
cc

Posted to rec.woodworking
Dan

On Tue 27 Dec 2005 08:09:26a, TT wrote in
:

Several people on the Woodnet forum have them and like them. Mine's
on order. The price on the 586 goes up at the end of this month.

I've got the 586 and like it. So far I've only run about 50 bf of walnut
through it. The boards were all five feet long or longer and it was really
easy. After years with a little vintage sears 4-incher I thought there'd be
more of a trick to it. Very serious piece of machinery.

There was a rumor that the beds on these weren't stress relieved, but it
turned out actually be a rumor. :-)

You can get more if you search on "G0586" at google groups. The 586
especially has been much discussed.
Posted to rec.woodworking
James \Cubby\ Culbertson

"James "Cubby" Culbertson" wrote in message
Any ideas how much it'll go up? I was in this same situation last year
at Christmas time with my 1023SL. Order now or pay more next week type
thing. Given the G0500 was up around $800 I suspect this one will jump to
that point as well but just guessing.
Cheers,
cc

I actually found it.....appears the unit itself is going up around $30.
Shipping however is jumping around $50. So total increase after 12/31
would be in the neighborhood of $80.
Cheers,
cc

Posted to rec.woodworking
Kyle Boatright

"TT" wrote in message
Several people on the Woodnet forum have them and like them. Mine's
on order. The price on the 586 goes up at the end of this month.

TT

Woodnet forum? How do I find it?

KB

Posted to rec.woodworking
JJ

Ray Durney wrote:
Has anyone had experience with the new Grizzly 8" jointers manufactured in
mainland China? I'm looking at either the G0593 or the G0586 model. Thanks

I've had one for about 6 weeks. It replaced my Grizzly 6". Only have run
about 40 bd ft of hard maple through it. Works great. I had to reset 2
of the knives.

STRONG Hint when assembling: Hook up the motor wiring BEFORE you mount
the jointer to the base. That way you can turn the base upside down and
actually see what you are doing. I followed the steps in the manual and
mounted the jointer first. Then had to wire the motor laying on my back
looking through a mirror. 5 minute job turned into an hour.

-jj

--
Remove BOB to email me
Posted to rec.woodworking
Dan

On Tue 27 Dec 2005 10:01:45p, "Kyle Boatright"
wrote in :

Woodnet forum? How do I find it?

KB

Type "woodnet" into google, and hit the "I'm feeling lucky" button.

Grizzly 8" Jointers Shawn Woodworking 22 November 1st 05 04:55 PM
Opinions on Grizzly Jointers? Cox West Woodworking 11 January 3rd 05 09:02 PM
Grizzly 6" Jointer Experience Pradeep Gupta Woodworking 22 March 28th 04 07:59 PM
A Few Notes on My New Grizzly G1018HW 8" jointer Darrell Woodworking 5 March 5th 04 12:19 AM
Grizzly Poor Customer service J Woodworking 7 February 12th 04 11:14 PM