Default Grizzly Poor Customer service

I order some dust collectors parts and hose from Grizzly two weeks ago. I
did receive the parts last week. One of the part was wrong. A wrong part in
right package I called Grizzly on Monday explain them the situation. They
promise to resolve the issue and call me back next day (Tuesday). I did not
receive any call from Grizzly on Tuesday so I called back, talk to
technician again and did not get any satisfactory answer. That technician
promised a return call next day. Of course I did not get call on Wednesday
so I call again on Wednesday. Same story.

So now I have an item that I cannot use and Grizzly is not co-operative to
replace it or give me credit. I can send it back then, I have to pay 10%
restocking fee plus freight cost.

What kind of customer service. ?

This was my first order with Grizzly and it will be my last order. I usually
purchase from Lee valley and never had any issues on replacement. The reason
I decided to purchase from Grizzly is to try Grizzly products. There was no
difference in price.

Is any one have any issue with Grizzly or I am just single out?

Edwin Pawlowski

J wrote:

I can send it back then, I
have to pay 10% restocking fee plus freight cost.

Looks like you will have to become a real PITA to them. No way you should
pay anything. Looks like you have to talk to Mr. Grizzly instead of the
hired help. --
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome

Brian

You will not have to pay a restocking fee for an incorrect shipment. This
is not the case with Grizzly, and never has been. Keep trying. There
should be no reason for them to need to call you back. Resolve the issue
over the phone, if not with the first person who answers, then with his/her
manager.

My only issue with any Grizzly product was solved promptly and
satisfactorily via email. Never picked up the phone once.

Brian.

"J" wrote in message
. net...
[...]

Tim Carver

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 21:24:54 -0500, "J" wrote:

This was my first order with Grizzly and it will be my last order. I usually
purchase from Lee valley and never had any issues on replacement. The reason
I decided to purchase from Grizzly is to try Grizzly products. There was no
difference in price.

Is any one have any issue with Grizzly or I am just single out?

Cut your nose off to spite your face if you insist, but Grizzly is one
of the better companies out there to deal with. I've ordered quite a
bit from them, as well as Lee Valley (tho it's been awhile) and
others. Depending on the item, Grizzly's prices are sometimes really
good, sometimes just OK. But the few times I've had problems, they've
made it right.

Tim Carver

Tom

"J" wrote in message
. net...
[...]

It can be very hit and miss with the quality of the person who answers the
phone at Grizzly. The "technical support" staff at the long distance number
(unfortunately not toll free) have been pretty good in my experience, but
the "sales staff" at the main number are generally not very knowledgeable
..
Even though they make mistakes, I found everyone I spoke to commited to
solving the problem. Yes, it took a few tries before they got it right, but
they persisted until the problem was resolved.

I never have expectation of any mail order company in any industry ever
calling me back, even if they say they will. I just plan to call back the
next day. If they beat me to it, I am pleasantly surprised, but I've learned
that waiting for that call and being angry when it doesn't come just raises
my blood pressure.

When I go the mail order route with any product, I accept that those
companies take certain shortcuts to support those low prices. Sadly, it has
become the norm, but I'll tolerate it and trade some of my own extra effort
to save the dollars.

If you really want the tool, stick with it until you get the right part. If
you really want to send it back, I' pretty sure they'll take it back at no
cost to you, but you might have to invest a dollar or two in long distance
charges.

Tom

John Moorhead

I've been very happy with Griz service... I've never ordered any of their
big iron, mostly small things.. but they do seem to be getting better and
better.

I ordered a dial indicator set and it showed up 3 days after I ordered it
online. There was a small cosmetic knick in one of the accessories, so I
thought I'd see if they would replace the part... No dice... they instead
shipped a whole new dial set, 2nd day, no return of the original.

I've ordered probably 10 or 12 times from them in the last say 3 or 4 years,
and never had a problem, if you would call it that... and shipping has
always been fast.

HTH

John
"J" wrote in message
. net...
[...]

Just Dave

If you search, you will find my grip against Grizzly. But I have an update.

I called, asked for a manager, got one, and it did take some time, but
everything worked out in my favor, didn't have to pay anything for shipping
wrong or damaged parts back and they gave me two gift certificates to boot!

Lower prices direct from the factory means a PITA sometimes, but it works
out in the end!

Dave

Nova

J wrote:

I order some dust collectors parts and hose from Grizzly two weeks ago. I
did receive the parts last week. One of the part was wrong. A wrong part in
right package I called Grizzly on Monday explain them the situation. They
promise to resolve the issue and call me back next day (Tuesday). I did not
receive any call from Grizzly on Tuesday so I called back, talk to
technician again and did not get any satisfactory answer. That technician
promised a return call next day. Of course I did not get call on Wednesday
so I call again on Wednesday. Same story.

You mentioned "technician". Are you calling their technical support number?

For packaging problems I'd call the customer service number. If you're dealing
with the technical support staff it would be my guess the problem is getting
dropped in the crack when tech support tries to hand the ball off to customer
service.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA