Cox West

Default Opinions on Grizzly Jointers?

Hey all. I'm looking at 6" X 47" Grizzly Jointers.

Good, bad, I'm very interested in hearing some owners opinions.

Thanks.

Dave

WoodMangler

Cox West wrote:
Hey all. I'm looking at 6" X 47" Grizzly Jointers.

Good, bad, I'm very interested in hearing some owners opinions.

Thanks.

Dave

I've had the G1018 8x65 jointer for around three years. Eats anything I
throw at it and has been accurate and stable. The only thing I'd change
is to get the one with handwheel adjusters rather than the levers.

Russ
DJ Delorie

"Cox West" writes:
Hey all. I'm looking at 6" X 47" Grizzly Jointers.

Good, bad, I'm very interested in hearing some owners opinions.

Have one, is good! The tables were coplanar right out of the box, the
levers worked smoothly, etc etc.

I recently got their 8" segmented jointer because I needed something
bigger. If you happen to live in NH you can come visit, see them
both, and maybe buy the 6" one from me? ;-)

Oh, the 8" one was also coplanar right out of the box. Assemble it,
plug it in, start using it.

BC

I have the 6 x 47 and it has been great. The only two things I'd
change is hand wheels instead of levers like mentioned above and I
wish the tables were longer. But you almost have to go to an 8" to get
that, which is a really good idea if you can afford it. Hope that
helps BC

"Cox West" wrote in message news:cPwod.340210$a85.23763@fed1read04...
Hey all. I'm looking at 6" X 47" Grizzly Jointers.

Good, bad, I'm very interested in hearing some owners opinions.

Thanks.

Dave

Stephen M

A Griz 8" jointer may be my tax return toy next year. Why are handwheels
better? I have low-end chinese 6" now. It has wheels but I generally dont
touch them. Set it and forget it.

What am I missing?

-Steve

om...

"Cox West" wrote in message

Hey all. I'm looking at 6" X 47" Grizzly Jointers.

Good, bad, I'm very interested in hearing some owners opinions.

Thanks.

Dave

Schroeder

I have their 12 inch jointer and am very happy with it. Like others have
said the surface is so flat the boards suction to it. Bigger is better when
it comes to jointers if you have the room IMHO.

Schroeder

"DJ Delorie" wrote in message

"Cox West" writes:
Hey all. I'm looking at 6" X 47" Grizzly Jointers.

Good, bad, I'm very interested in hearing some owners opinions.

Have one, is good! The tables were coplanar right out of the box, the
levers worked smoothly, etc etc.

I recently got their 8" segmented jointer because I needed something
bigger. If you happen to live in NH you can come visit, see them
both, and maybe buy the 6" one from me? ;-)

Oh, the 8" one was also coplanar right out of the box. Assemble it,
plug it in, start using it.

I have the 6"X47" Grizzly Jointer with hand wheels. I like the hand wheels,
but have never used one with levers. So I really don't which one is better.
The jointer works great. The only thing that I wish was that it was bigger.
Think of it like a house. The thing is never going to wear out. So look at
the biggest or nicest that you can afford and then buy one step higher. The
additional cost is cheaper than trading it in later.

Chris Corbett
"Cox West" wrote in message
Hey all. I'm looking at 6" X 47" Grizzly Jointers.

Good, bad, I'm very interested in hearing some owners opinions.

Thanks.

Dave

Bob G.

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 13:57:08 GMT, "
wrote:

I have the 6"X47" Grizzly Jointer with hand wheels. I like the hand wheels,
but have never used one with levers. So I really don't which one is better.
The jointer works great. The only thing that I wish was that it was bigger.
Think of it like a house. The thing is never going to wear out. So look at
the biggest or nicest that you can afford and then buy one step higher. The
additional cost is cheaper than trading it in later.

Chris Corbett

===========================
I have used Jointers that used levers and that used wheels... It
really makes no difference although I much prefer levers I would not
let the difference be a factor If I were buying a new one today...
just not an issue...

My 6' in Rockwell has served me extremely well over the last 40 or so
years and in general I feel that Jointers have very few parts that
could wear out...so I an not sure one brand would be that much better
then another... Give me a long bed over a couple of extra inches in
width ...Unless I could afford both ..

Bob Griffiths.

Ollie

Today, I moved the new G0543 into my basement workshop and opened the box.
I was very pleased to confirm that now the 8" x 75" table is done without
the 5" cast iron extensions. Once I will have it assembled, I can share my
experiences with real wood.

Grizzly web site and many GRizzly eployees are still claiming that the
extensions are required, but there are several evidences that all G0500 and
G0543 models haveben shipping without the extension since last summer.
Perhaps we will see the corrections in 2005 catalog.

Cheers, Ollie
"Cox West" wrote in message
Hey all. I'm looking at 6" X 47" Grizzly Jointers.

Good, bad, I'm very interested in hearing some owners opinions.

Thanks.

Dave

Hey DJ
Did you sell that 6" Grizzly jointer?
I live in NH and I'm looking to start a woodworking shop.
If you still have it' I'd be interested in the details
Thanks

Jim