Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave Jackson

Default Grizz 24" drum sander auction

says it needs repaired, currently at $1.00 no reserve

Ebay Item # 7573516821

I have absolutely no personal interest in this auction. However, if you live
anywhere nearby, and have an extra dollar(s) to spend, it could be a future
gloat. --dave

Posted to rec.woodworking
Enoch Root

Dave Jackson wrote:
says it needs repaired, currently at $1.00 no reserve

Ebay Item # 7573516821

Is it just me or are Ebay's server sinking to asinine levels of
asynchronicity? On one page I'm logged in, on another I'm required to
log in again, and the wait time for a page load on many another is
interminable.

er
--
email not valid
Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry Jaques

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 09:55:43 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm,
Enoch Root quickly quoth:

Dave Jackson wrote:
says it needs repaired, currently at $1.00 no reserve

Ebay Item # 7573516821

Is it just me or are Ebay's server sinking to asinine levels of
asynchronicity? On one page I'm logged in, on another I'm required to
log in again, and the wait time for a page load on many another is
interminable.

At millions of transactions per day and graphics on nearly every item,
with dozens of large graphics on some, the wait times are obnoxious,
aren't they? I've never had to login again on a different page,
unless it takes me to the CA or UK servers from my US server startup.
Then I do have to log in. But after I've set up login info in the
password saver in FF, it does so automatically. Perhaps you're
unaware of a trans-Atlantic or country border switch during a search,
Enoch. That bothered me the first several times, too, until I saw the
eBay UK logo at the top that first time. 'twas an AHA! moment.

-
Every day above ground is a Good Day(tm).
-----------
http://diversify.com Website Application Programming
Posted to rec.woodworking
Enoch Root

Default OT: ebay whine, sorry... was Grizz 24" drum sander auction

Larry Jaques wrote:
[...]

I still suspect a bug. I'm not moving between here and the UK (or
elsewhere) as I notice these problems. At one point I was logging in
*every* time I hit the confirm button on submitting a bid. This is very
bad news if you're a... late bidder. :-o

In addition, I noticed actual repeatable evidence of asynchrony. After
leaving (positive!) feedback for one individual, the "won bid" entry for
that item never updated on my "my ebay" page to reflect that I'd left
feedback even though my feedback made it to his/her/their feedback page.

It's a new problem, near's I can tell, but if it's only me I'm gonna cry.

er
--
email not valid
Posted to rec.woodworking
LRod

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 21:02:51 -0800, Enoch Root
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:
[...]

I'm okay searching and going from auction to auction and bidding, but
whenever I try to search completed auctions it asks me to sign in
again, even when the page I was on to select the search says "Hello,
LRod" (or whatever it says).

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry Jaques

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 21:02:51 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm,
Enoch Root quickly quoth:

Larry Jaques wrote:
eBay UK logo at the top that first time. 'twas an AHA! moment.

I still suspect a bug. I'm not moving between here and the UK (or
elsewhere) as I notice these problems. At one point I was logging in
*every* time I hit the confirm button on submitting a bid. This is very
bad news if you're a... late bidder. :-o

Verily.

In addition, I noticed actual repeatable evidence of asynchrony. After
leaving (positive!) feedback for one individual, the "won bid" entry for
that item never updated on my "my ebay" page to reflect that I'd left
feedback even though my feedback made it to his/her/their feedback page.

It's a new problem, near's I can tell, but if it's only me I'm gonna cry.

It isn't happening here, and I've bought 15 different items lately,
the past week and a half or two. The last item was on Saturday.

Have you tried clearing your history buffer and cache yet? Running
Mozilla 1.5 yet?

--
Adults are obsolete children. --Dr. Seuss (Theodore Geisel, 1904-1991)
Posted to rec.woodworking
Enoch Root

Larry Jaques wrote:

[...]

Yes, restarting (Firefox) seems to fix the problem for a time. It's
something about how they are maintaining their sessions across different
page loads for sure. Having more than twenty tabs/windows open,
sometimes for days, is probably not part of their design considerations.

er
--
email not valid
Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry Jaques

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 10:04:00 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm,
Enoch Root quickly quoth:

I asked:
Have you tried clearing your history buffer and cache yet? Running
Mozilla 1.5 yet?

Yes, restarting (Firefox) seems to fix the problem for a time. It's
something about how they are maintaining their sessions across different
page loads for sure. Having more than twenty tabs/windows open,
sometimes for days, is probably not part of their design considerations.

In Windoze, the memory leak king of softwear (spelled like that for M$
only), having one tab/window open for days is a feat. I prefer
separate windows vs. tabs, though.

Mozilla/Windows is one of my worst crasher combos. When I have 4 or
more FF sessions open and try to do any I/O, the box bombs with a BSOD
far more often than I would like. Acrobat is sketchy on it, too,
causing the same problem even now that I have a matched pair of 256MB
DIMMs.