Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry Jaques

Default OT: ebay whine, sorry... was Grizz 24" drum sander auction

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 10:04:00 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm,
Enoch Root quickly quoth:

I asked:
Have you tried clearing your history buffer and cache yet? Running
Mozilla 1.5 yet?

Yes, restarting (Firefox) seems to fix the problem for a time. It's
something about how they are maintaining their sessions across different
page loads for sure. Having more than twenty tabs/windows open,
sometimes for days, is probably not part of their design considerations.

In Windoze, the memory leak king of softwear (spelled like that for M$
only), having one tab/window open for days is a feat. I prefer
separate windows vs. tabs, though.

Mozilla/Windows is one of my worst crasher combos. When I have 4 or
more FF sessions open and try to do any I/O, the box bombs with a BSOD
far more often than I would like. Acrobat is sketchy on it, too,
causing the same problem even now that I have a matched pair of 256MB
DIMMs.

--
Adults are obsolete children. --Dr. Seuss (Theodore Geisel, 1904-1991)