Rick

Default Drum Sander - Small Gloat

This is just a small gloat

I was mentioning to a friend on my dart team that I was getting ready to
build a drum sander for myself that I saw on line. The next time we met
for league, he walked me out to his truck and showed me a Ryobi WDS1600
16" drum sander. He said he was in the process of throwing it away and
I could have it if I wanted. I took it. It didn't work of course, that
is why he was dumping it. I took it home and the first thing I did was
plug in the drum motor, it worked fine. After cleaning it up and really
getting a goo look at it, I found a few problems. Surface rust on the
table under the belt and a bad controller as well as a bad feed motor.
I searched the internet and found the replacement parts for it. After
spending approx. $185 dollars, and some elbow grease, I now have a like
new drum sander. I feel this is not bad since I am somewhat new to
woodworking and don't really have the money to buy new tools like this.

Rick
Patriarch

Rick wrote in news:qxHRd.9982$hU7.2058
@newssvr33.news.prodigy.com:

[...]

You would have spent easily that much time, and maybe as much money, on the
homebuilt.

Upgrade your gloat, and remember that friends are gloatworthy, too.

Someone else can tell you that you suck.

Patriarch
The Alaskan

In article 36,
Patriarch wrote:

[...]

I'll take that honor...you suck. Good catch. RonMan
Larry Bud

You would have spent easily that much time, and maybe as much money,

on the
homebuilt.

Just made my 22" for approx $150

http://www.areddy.net/wood

Works GREAT.

Mike Marlow

"Larry Bud" wrote in message
oups.com...

You would have spent easily that much time, and maybe as much money,

on the
homebuilt.

Just made my 22" for approx $150

http://www.areddy.net/wood

Works GREAT.

The link doesn't. Sure you posted the right link?

--

-Mike-

Han

"Mike Marlow" wrote in news:a955f$4217cfe1
:

Just made my 22" for approx $150

http://www.areddy.net/wood

Works GREAT.

The link doesn't. Sure you posted the right link?

Worked for me. Click on tools.
I wouldn't mind seeing more plans with list of parts. (I'm not quite ready
yet, so I didn't DAGS).

--
Best regards
Han
Owen Lawrence

You would have spent easily that much time, and maybe as much money,
on the
homebuilt.

Just made my 22" for approx $150

http://www.areddy.net/wood

Works GREAT.

You might want to put a guard over that protruding axle, or cut it a bit
shorter. I can imagine it wouldn't be much fun if your shirt snagged it.

- Owen -

small gloat + name that wood Todd the wood junkie Woodworking 5 January 4th 05 08:04 PM
Small gloat Badger Woodworking 0 January 2nd 05 12:00 AM
Small gloat SamShank Woodworking 1 December 9th 04 08:21 PM
Good low-cost small sander? James Nipper Home Repair 8 February 25th 04 06:35 AM
Grizzly drum sander Sawdust Woodworking 0 January 17th 04 06:59 AM