Posted to rec.woodworking
Mark & Juanita

Default Web page updated, latest project included

Just updated my web page: mklange.cnc.net In addition to adding the
latest completed project (the entertainment center), I modified the format
somewhat, adding thumbnails and links to individual projects. Also added a
few tractor pictures as well.

Comments welcome.

Thanks for looking.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Mark & Juanita

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 22:31:14 -0700, Mark & Juanita
wrote:

Let's try that with a live link: www.mklange.cnc.net

Just updated my web page: mklange.cnc.net In addition to adding the
latest completed project (the entertainment center), I modified the format
somewhat, adding thumbnails and links to individual projects. Also added a
few tractor pictures as well.

Comments welcome.

Thanks for looking.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leif Thorvaldson

wrote:

Let's try that with a live link: www.mklange.cnc.net

Just updated my web page: mklange.cnc.net In addition to adding the
latest completed project (the entertainment center), I modified the format
somewhat, adding thumbnails and links to individual projects. Also added
few tractor pictures as well.

Comments welcome.

Thanks for looking.

Great sunset pix!! Terrific job being done on the workshop! A couple of
questions/observations: 1) I can't see the double rainbow; 2) What is that
long building beside the shop? and 3) it looks like you live in rural area
just outside Tucson. How much acreage do you have?

Leif

Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry Jaques

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 23:03:58 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm, Mark
& Juanita quickly quoth:

wrote:

Let's try that with a live link: www.mklange.cnc.net

Taht's better. g

Say, how many chillens can you fit on that Child's Bookshelf?
Those look a lot cheaper and easier to make than beds. gd&r

Why your disdain of Ford 9Ns, Mark?

--
Vidi, Vici, Veni
---
Posted to rec.woodworking
Robin Lee

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message

Just updated my web page: mklange.cnc.net In addition to adding the
latest completed project (the entertainment center), I modified the format
somewhat, adding thumbnails and links to individual projects. Also added

few tractor pictures as well.

Comments welcome.

Thanks for looking.

-----+

-----+

Hi Mark -

Nice work... the planned Captain's bed looks good too!

One small suggestion... on the headboard, I'd add a bit more vertical
material below the bottom shelf.... if the shelf's too low, a head can
contact a corner.... raise it a few inches, and a head's more likely to
contact a vertical surface... DAMHIKT...

Cheers -

Rob

Posted to rec.woodworking
Mark & Juanita

On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 01:19:31 -0800, "Leif Thorvaldson"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Let's try that with a live link: www.mklange.cnc.net

Just updated my web page: mklange.cnc.net In addition to adding the
latest completed project (the entertainment center), I modified the format
somewhat, adding thumbnails and links to individual projects. Also added
few tractor pictures as well.

Comments welcome.

Thanks for looking.

Great sunset pix!! Terrific job being done on the workshop! A couple of
questions/observations: 1) I can't see the double rainbow; 2) What is that
long building beside the shop? and 3) it looks like you live in rural area
just outside Tucson. How much acreage do you have?

Leif

Thanks for the comments.

1) The rainbows are somewhat subtle. Take a look over the turbine vents
of both buildings.
2) The long building is a 10 x 20 storage building we had built when we
moved in. Shed builder showed up the same day the movers did. We added 700
square feet of house size compared to our old home,but even after getting
rid of a bunch of stuff, what we had in the old house wouldn't fit in the
new one (just not as much storage space built in).
3) We have 4.5 acres. Easiest thing in the world compared to other
places. One doesn't do anything to the desert, so we have effectively more
than 3 3/4 acres of buffer between neighbors (and a cool place for our son
to explore).

Posted to rec.woodworking
Mark & Juanita

wrote:

Let's try that with a live link: www.mklange.cnc.net

Taht's better. g

Yeah, that www thing does it every time.

Say, how many chillens can you fit on that Child's Bookshelf?
Those look a lot cheaper and easier to make than beds. gd&r

Why your disdain of Ford 9Ns, Mark?

Not so much disdain for Ford 9N's so much as for my selection of *this*
9N. Let's just say that I missed a few essential things in inspecting this
tractor before purchasing it. I knew the guy selling it had done the
Krylon can "new paint job" on it when I bought it, that didn't bother me --
he even painted over the caked on oil rather than scrape it off. I also
knew he was selling me a tractor that needed a new battery even though he
tried to hide that fact. What I missed were things like a small crack in
the block and other indications that this tractor is going to be in need of
a major overhaul soon. On this class of tractor, the serial number is on a
small boss at the back of the engine block (yep, the identifying part of
the vehicle is on a component that could changed out fairly regularly --
Thanks Mr. Ford). On this tractor, that boss was rusted away by previous
engine leaks. When I first bought the other tractor, I thought about
selling the Ford (with full disclosure of course), but decided I couldn't
get out of it what I have put into it, so this tractor will become a
project and that won't be a bad thing. Our son needs to learn a little bit
about things mechanical rather than all that stuff that glows on a CRT and
is controlled by a joystick. He's not quite 10 yet, I think it will be
about a year or two before he is ready to fully understand and help. In
the meantime, the Ford is running the chipper/shredder to take care of yard
waste (amazing how much even a small yard in the desert produces).

Probably my biggest beef with the 9N is the fact that the 3 point has
what is called draft control rather than depth control. My personal
opinion is that this design "feature" was incorporated because of the power
limitations at the time the tractor was designed; I can't think of a single
practical reason for having this other than to keep from lugging down the
tractor and killing the engine. Draft control regulates the depth of the
implement you are pulling to maintain a relatively constant engine load and
rpm. What this means when using something like a blade to pull dirt for
grading is that the blade is constantly being raised and lowered by the
draft control in order to keep the engine load constant. That's great for
the engine, but kind of screws up one's ability to grade a level roadway. I
was constantly trying to anticipate the direction the blade would be
adjusted and change the depth accordingly. Someone has come up with a
mechanism to overcome this and give these tractors depth control, if this
one had been in better condition I would have explored that possibility.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry Bud

wrote:

Let's try that with a live link: www.mklange.cnc.net

Just updated my web page: mklange.cnc.net In addition to adding the
latest completed project (the entertainment center), I modified the format
somewhat, adding thumbnails and links to individual projects. Also added a
few tractor pictures as well.

Comments welcome.

You really shouldn't size the picture with the height/width attributes
for two reasons: Browsers really do a ****ty job of resizing (due to
they have to do it quickly), and 2) I still have to download the entire
photo at full size.

Resize your pics in some image editing software to whatever size you
want. If you want to different sizes in your website, then save the
image in two different sizes.

Look at your cabinet on
http://www.mklange.cnc.net/CherryEntryCabinet.html

See how lousy that image looks? Now look at the original pic
http://www.mklange.cnc.net/EntryCabi...tInstalled.jpg

All the lines are smooth, no jagged lines.

Other than that, nice woodwork!

Posted to rec.woodworking
Mark & Juanita

On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 09:55:50 -0500, "Robin Lee" wrote:

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
.. .

Just updated my web page: mklange.cnc.net In addition to adding the
latest completed project (the entertainment center), I modified the format
somewhat, adding thumbnails and links to individual projects. Also added

.... snip
Nice work... the planned Captain's bed looks good too!

One small suggestion... on the headboard, I'd add a bit more vertical
material below the bottom shelf.... if the shelf's too low, a head can
contact a corner.... raise it a few inches, and a head's more likely to
contact a vertical surface... DAMHIKT...

Thanks for the kind comments. Also, thanks for the recommendation
regarding the headboard -- that's a good modification, your concern is
well-founded.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Mark & Juanita

wrote:

Let's try that with a live link: www.mklange.cnc.net

.... snip
You really shouldn't size the picture with the height/width attributes
for two reasons: Browsers really do a ****ty job of resizing (due to
they have to do it quickly), and 2) I still have to download the entire
photo at full size.

Resize your pics in some image editing software to whatever size you
want. If you want to different sizes in your website, then save the
image in two different sizes.

Look at your cabinet on
http://www.mklange.cnc.net/CherryEntryCabinet.html

See how lousy that image looks? Now look at the original pic
http://www.mklange.cnc.net/EntryCabi...tInstalled.jpg

All the lines are smooth, no jagged lines.

Other than that, nice woodwork!

I'll take that into consideration for the next site update. Thanks.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry Jaques

On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 08:23:12 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm, Mark
& Juanita quickly quoth:

wrote:

Why your disdain of Ford 9Ns, Mark?

Not so much disdain for Ford 9N's so much as for my selection of *this*
9N. Let's just say that I missed a few essential things in inspecting this
tractor before purchasing it. I knew the guy selling it had done the
Krylon can "new paint job" on it when I bought it, that didn't bother me --
he even painted over the caked on oil rather than scrape it off. I also
knew he was selling me a tractor that needed a new battery even though he
tried to hide that fact. What I missed were things like a small crack in
the block and other indications that this tractor is going to be in need of
a major overhaul soon.

Oops. That can be a biggie.

[...]

Cool. Good luck with the training sessions for a budding
knuckle-buster.

Probably my biggest beef with the 9N is the fact that the 3 point has
what is called draft control rather than depth control. My personal
opinion is that this design "feature" was incorporated because of the power
limitations at the time the tractor was designed; I can't think of a single
practical reason for having this other than to keep from lugging down the
tractor and killing the engine. Draft control regulates the depth of the
implement you are pulling to maintain a relatively constant engine load and
rpm. What this means when using something like a blade to pull dirt for
grading is that the blade is constantly being raised and lowered by the
draft control in order to keep the engine load constant. That's great for
the engine, but kind of screws up one's ability to grade a level roadway. I

Verily.

was constantly trying to anticipate the direction the blade would be
adjusted and change the depth accordingly. Someone has come up with a
mechanism to overcome this and give these tractors depth control, if this
one had been in better condition I would have explored that possibility.

Can you say "Boss 302 motor"? I knew you could.
Ar, ar, ar! In the interim, try to find the best torque RPM
and set it there. It should give you fewer undulations.

--
Vidi, Vici, Veni
---