Posted to rec.woodworking
James Stewart

Default Craftsman Twin Cutter Saw

I was watching a show on the history channel the other night and they showed
the above mentioned saw which looked pretty cool. I searched the sears
website without finding the saw but did come across some replacement blades.
A couple of days later I did the same search without finding anything,
blades or saw so I googled it and found a number of treads discussing this
saw. Is there some reason that sears no longer manufactures or sells this
saw?

Posted to rec.woodworking

I saw something on the History channel as well where a guy from Sears
(it is an exclusive Sears product, and was marked "Craftsman") was
showing off that thing. It was a demolition saw, not meant for
anything fine or artistic, just a meat choppin' sombitch.

Never could find anything out about them, and the guys at Sears are
clueless. Stay tuned, I guess.

Robert

Posted to rec.woodworking
James Stewart

I found a few threads about it in a google search and most were from last
year. Folks in this group had bought it and voiced opinions about it. Many
good, so I was curious why the dissapearance.

wrote in message
oups.com...
I saw something on the History channel as well where a guy from Sears
(it is an exclusive Sears product, and was marked "Craftsman") was
showing off that thing. It was a demolition saw, not meant for
anything fine or artistic, just a meat choppin' sombitch.

Never could find anything out about them, and the guys at Sears are
clueless. Stay tuned, I guess.

Robert

Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis

On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 11:57:11 GMT, "James Stewart"
wrote:

I found a few threads about it in a google search and most were from last
year. Folks in this group had bought it and voiced opinions about it. Many
good, so I was curious why the dissapearance.

yeah, they were in all the Sears catalogs a year or so ago..
weird lookin' sucker, with 2 blades that turn in different directions..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Posted to rec.woodworking
no(SPAM)vasys

James Stewart wrote:
I was watching a show on the history channel the other night and they showed
the above mentioned saw which looked pretty cool. I searched the sears
website without finding the saw but did come across some replacement blades.
A couple of days later I did the same search without finding anything,
blades or saw so I googled it and found a number of treads discussing this
saw. Is there some reason that sears no longer manufactures or sells this
saw?

I was the same program. Did you notice the sparks that came off the saw
as he cut through the door jamb. I wondered if he hit a LARGE nail or
if the sparks were coming off the counter rotating blades as they
flexed. If it's the latter it might be the reason it was discontinued.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

(Remove -SPAM- to send email)
Posted to rec.woodworking
Charles Self

"no(SPAM)vasys" wrote in message
James Stewart wrote:
I was watching a show on the history channel the other night and they
showed the above mentioned saw which looked pretty cool. I searched the
sears website without finding the saw but did come across some
replacement blades. A couple of days later I did the same search without
finding anything, blades or saw so I googled it and found a number of
treads discussing this saw. Is there some reason that sears no longer
manufactures or sells this saw?

I was the same program. Did you notice the sparks that came off the saw
as he cut through the door jamb. I wondered if he hit a LARGE nail or if
the sparks were coming off the counter rotating blades as they flexed. If
it's the latter it might be the reason it was discontinued.

I had one of these for a bit. It is superb for clean cuts in light metal.
Some time ago, I gave it to a friend, who recently used it to cut a Dodge
Demon fender loose. He has to weld it on his Demon, so wanted a cleaner cut
than a recip saw will give, and he got it. Damned little touch up needed.

I have a feeling the saw may be a bit fragile if you don't follow
instructions down to the last dotted 'i', which MIGHT be the reason it was
pulled. It sure worked fine for me, and for my friend.

Are push fit plumbing fittings any good? Steve UK diy 75 September 3rd 05 01:56 PM
Craftsman Twin Cutter Kim Woodworking 7 March 8th 05 06:11 AM
Impressions/Review of Craftsman Professional Table Saw Lars Stole Woodworking 27 October 24th 04 09:27 AM
New Craftsman RAS report Doug Winterburn Woodworking 18 March 11th 04 02:50 PM
Cutting floor tiles: Electric or Hand Operated cutter? Serial Bodger UK diy 12 August 17th 03 02:36 PM