Posted to rec.woodworking
leonard

Default sanding question

I'm make some edge grain cutting boards,And I'm; wondering to what grit to
sand them 220 or higher?

Len

Posted to rec.woodworking
David

leonard wrote:

I'm make some edge grain cutting boards,And I'm; wondering to what grit to
sand them 220 or higher?

Len

Sand them to the grit that leaves a surface you are proud of, Len.
Seriously. It just "depends".

Dave
Posted to rec.woodworking

leonard wrote:
I'm make some edge grain cutting boards,And I'm; wondering to what grit to
sand them 220 or higher?

Len

Posted to rec.woodworking
George

"leonard" wrote in message
I'm make some edge grain cutting boards,And I'm; wondering to what grit to
sand them 220 or higher?

It's important to get a glassy, burnished surface on those boards so they
show the cuts better. Then there's the grain-raising effect of the water
used to wash 'em.

P150 is good enough. You're only dressing up the pig to take it to the
butcher else.

Sharpening Tools Tom Storey Woodturning 19 May 20th 04 01:54 AM
Simple question regarding Ceiling tiles and sound? lbbs Home Ownership 2 March 25th 04 07:03 PM
sanding supplies eterna Woodworking 0 January 7th 04 10:12 AM
Sanding would have saved a gorgeous piece of oak... Bay Area Dave Woodworking 20 November 19th 03 03:16 PM
How to do drywall taping without sanding? Tom J Home Ownership 1 July 29th 03 03:58 PM