Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking
tor

Default building codes of a room converted into a sauna?

I am renting a room in a very cool apartment building. I know the owner
of the building so even though what I am considering may sound
inadvisable, I intend to pull it off.

I am about to rent two ajacent apartments in the building and remove a
wall. This leaves me with a extra kitchen that I desire to make into a
dedicated occasional sauna. (perhaps fired up 2-3 times a month)
(dedicated meaning not used for anything else)

1) What would standard building codes say to this?

2) If I ignored the building inspector (which I plan on), what damage
could happen? (perhaps I could keep it less humid?)

3) Can I heat it with a 1500 watt space heater, or two of them on
separate circuits? (That seems a bit weak to me.)

I have posted a picture of what a similiar kitchen looks like he

http://www.musicalfurnishings.com/sauna.jpg

Thanks!!

Tor