Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Michaels

Default building codes of a room converted into a sauna?

"tor" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am renting a room in a very cool apartment building. I know the owner
of the building so even though what I am considering may sound
inadvisable, I intend to pull it off.

I am about to rent two ajacent apartments in the building and remove a
wall. This leaves me with a extra kitchen that I desire to make into a
dedicated occasional sauna. (perhaps fired up 2-3 times a month)
(dedicated meaning not used for anything else)

1) What would standard building codes say to this?

2) If I ignored the building inspector (which I plan on), what damage
could happen? (perhaps I could keep it less humid?)

3) Can I heat it with a 1500 watt space heater, or two of them on
separate circuits? (That seems a bit weak to me.)

I have posted a picture of what a similiar kitchen looks like he

http://www.musicalfurnishings.com/sauna.jpg

Thanks!!

Why go to all that bother??

There are portable saunas sold all the time. You put them together in an
hour or two.

If you want to build one, fine. Make it portable so you can take it with
you. And you don't have to worry about the building inspector.