Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave Balderstone

Default small gloat - Met Leonard Lee

Mr. Lee was in Saskatoon over the past couple of days, promoting his
new book "The Great Saskatchewan Fowl Super and Literary Contest - A
Saskatchewan Centenary Celebration in Ottawa" and signing autographs at
the Saskatoon LV store.

I brought my copy of "The Complete Guide To Sharpening" and Mr. Lee
graciously inscribed in it: "To Dave, for whom we built the Saskatoon
store".

It doesn't get much better than that at Lee Valley.

;-)

djb

--
"I'm a man, but I can change... If I have to... I guess." -- Red Green
Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry Jaques

On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 15:06:04 -0600, with neither quill nor qualm, Dave
Balderstone quickly quoth:

Mr. Lee was in Saskatoon over the past couple of days, promoting his
new book "The Great Saskatchewan Fowl Super and Literary Contest - A
Saskatchewan Centenary Celebration in Ottawa" and signing autographs at
the Saskatoon LV store.

I brought my copy of "The Complete Guide To Sharpening" and Mr. Lee
graciously inscribed in it: "To Dave, for whom we built the Saskatoon
store".

It doesn't get much better than that at Lee Valley.

OK, Dave. You officially suck for that one.

-- This post conscientiously crafted from 100% Recycled Pixels --
http://diversify.com Websites: PHP Programming, MySQL databases
Posted to rec.woodworking
WillR

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 15:06:04 -0600, with neither quill nor qualm, Dave
Balderstone quickly quoth:

Mr. Lee was in Saskatoon over the past couple of days, promoting his
new book "The Great Saskatchewan Fowl Super and Literary Contest - A
Saskatchewan Centenary Celebration in Ottawa" and signing autographs at
the Saskatoon LV store.

I brought my copy of "The Complete Guide To Sharpening" and Mr. Lee
graciously inscribed in it: "To Dave, for whom we built the Saskatoon
store".

It doesn't get much better than that at Lee Valley.

OK, Dave. You officially suck for that one.

But in the nicest way of course. :-)

-- This post conscientiously crafted from 100% Recycled Pixels --
http://diversify.com Websites: PHP Programming, MySQL databases

Will R.
Jewel Boxes and Wood Art
http://woodwork.pmccl.com
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those
who have not got it.” George Bernard Shaw
Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale

"Dave Balderstone" wrote in message

It doesn't get much better than that at Lee Valley.

Seems to me that it could have been better if you'd received the "customer
chosen at random" prize of a five minute dash around the store picking what
you wanted for free.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave Balderstone

In article , Upscale
wrote:

Seems to me that it could have been better if you'd received the "customer
chosen at random" prize of a five minute dash around the store picking what
you wanted for free.

I said "much" better...

--
"I'm a man, but I can change... If I have to... I guess." -- Red Green

Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave Balderstone

In article , charlie b
wrote:

And if the store goes belly up - IT'S YOUR FAULT!

Not for lack of trying...

I often wonder if Mr. Lee, and folks like him, understand
how he affects other people's lives, not so much by the
knowledge he passes along, but by the way of life and
the values he, perhaps inadvertently, demonstrtes.

Hopefully Robin passes that along, although from what I saw at the
store today there is no shortage of people willing to say so to
Leonard's face.

djb

Posted to rec.woodworking
B Man

Default Gloat - Makita Lithium Ion Kit

Just picked up my Makita Lithium Ion kit. In a word - awesome!

My PC 14.4 drill (that I was never totally happy with) had weakening
batteries (I think I saw the charger blink maybe?) that became my excuse.
The mail in for a "free" (you gotta send $15 for S&H) recip saw became the
motivation, and Midnight Madness at my buddy's store became the opportunity.

I haven't used up a full charge yet, but this sure seems like a well
designed set of tools. The motor on the drill has 4 magnets - makes for a
much smoother motor that you can really feel. The charger has a cooling fan
to keep the battery cool during a charge. The battery has a chip in it that
can be read to determine it's exact history.

On the down side, I took my PC drill into one of those "new 2 you" stores
and they offered me $30 for the drill (with case, charger and two
batteries). I kept it upstairs - for those occations when I need a drill
while doing something up there and don't feel like running out to the shop
for it. I figure if I use it as a hammer it's better than the $30.

Brian

Posted to rec.woodworking
toolguy

I bought the same kit last week on eBay. I will have it next weekend!
Wahoo! I'm looking forward to seeing the kit.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Nate Perkins

Dave Balderstone wrote in
tone.ca:

Mr. Lee was in Saskatoon over the past couple of days, promoting his
new book "The Great Saskatchewan Fowl Super and Literary Contest - A
Saskatchewan Centenary Celebration in Ottawa" and signing autographs at
the Saskatoon LV store.

I brought my copy of "The Complete Guide To Sharpening" and Mr. Lee
graciously inscribed in it: "To Dave, for whom we built the Saskatoon
store".

It doesn't get much better than that at Lee Valley.

I was at the Denver woodworking show last Friday. I was admiring the
planes at the Lee Valley booth, and one of their young employees came by to
ask me if I needed help. I put my hands in front of me and did the bow
thing, as if I were worshipping at the Altar of Lee Valley. He broke out
laughing, then he grinned and said they actually get a fair amount of that.

I guess customer loyalty can be priceless.