Default FS Very Nice Small Lathes in SoCal

We just had two very nice small lathes consigned at MarMachine in Costa
Mesa, CA. The first is a very late model and nearly unused EMCO 10. It
has an EMCO 3J and 4J chuck, 5C collet closer, threading dial, 4
position tool post, a band new tailstock, carriage stop, threading dial
and misc. spares. It is quite unusual as it is factory built with a
single phase 120V motor. While it is a small lathe it also has a sheet
metal factory stand. I think the only smaller free standing lathe I
know of is the Chicom 9"x 20", so hated by everyone. Priced at $2650.
The second lathe is a 12/13" x 24" Lion lathe made in Bulgaria. This is
about as beefy as small lathes get. It is complete with a 6" Set-Tru 3J
chuck with removable top jaws, KDK tool post, steady rest, follower
rest, coolant pump, splash shield and other niceties. It is 3 phase and
Lion is marketing lathes in this country so parts would be available if
you could ever figure a way to damage something. Price at $3600. We
still have 5 Bridgeports, 2 SBL's and numerous other machines available
if you need something and and can't locate it near to home. I will be
sending a small trailer to the East Coast in late September so
delivery, at a fair price is an option. Leigh at
MarMachine

Gunner

On 8 Aug 2005 19:48:32 -0700, wrote:

[...]

I saw both lathes last week, and both get a hearty Thumbs Up from me.

Gunner

If you are going to use that phrase then you should use
the full phrase of "**** Off and Die and Rot In A Ditch
and Get Eaten By Maggots and ****ed On and **** On By
a Dysenteric Elephant (but not necessarily in that order)."

Crash Street Kidd
Chuck Sherwood

We just had two very nice small lathes consigned at MarMachine in Costa
Mesa, CA. The first is a very late model and nearly unused EMCO 10. It

Is it a compact 10 or V10?