Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Makita RF1101 Router (Kit) -- Opinions?

Makita 2 1/4 HP RF1101 Combo Kit Router.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...28013&v=glance

Anyone own this router and have any comments?

A Recent woodworkign mag rates the equivlent Bosch higher than this
one.

Price up here in Canada is $349.

Thanks

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

wrote in message
oups.com...
Makita 2 1/4 HP RF1101 Combo Kit Router.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...28013&v=glance

Anyone own this router and have any comments?

A Recent woodworkign mag rates the equivlent Bosch higher than this
one.

Price up here in Canada is $349.

Thanks

Ond big advantage and the reason that I picked the same class Bosch 1617evs
in 1998 is because the Bosch has a micro adjust fixed base and coarse
adjustment. Now you can also get the Bosch in a kit that includes a plunge
base for about $199.

Posted to rec.woodworking
panofish

I bought this router for a table mount setup. I don't even use the
plunge attachment.
I am biased because I think makita power tools are exceptional.
The router works perfectly and I have no complaints or problems.
I use my dewalt plunge router for handheld routing. I would recommend
you get a router base with knob to help with control, especially on
edge work.
I am sure there are many great routers in the same class as the makita.
I have many different brands of power tools, and of all of them ...
makita stands out as the best overall for me.

Router and Router Table questions, comments appreciated [email protected] Woodworking 23 November 11th 05 07:19 PM
Best modern Router table Router? [email protected] Woodworking 21 February 24th 05 06:01 AM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Router Cabinet bowhunter Woodworking 8 February 19th 04 04:22 PM
Anyone _not_ like routers? Silvan Woodworking 38 October 28th 03 05:38 AM