Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave

Default What air cleaner do you recommend?

I've been looking at the Delta and at the JDS. Is the JDS better than the
Delta or about the same? The JDS costs about 45 bucks more. They both have
electrostatic filters. Which one do you all like the best? I have a big
problem with sanding dust going everywhere. Thanks for your help.

Posted to rec.woodworking
John Girouard

Dave wrote:
I've been looking at the Delta and at the JDS. Is the JDS better than the
Delta or about the same? The JDS costs about 45 bucks more. They both have
electrostatic filters. Which one do you all like the best? I have a big
problem with sanding dust going everywhere. Thanks for your help.

I've got the Jet ($100 at a yard sale... delayed gloat?), and I think it
does an excellent job. I haven't seen the two you mention, so I can't offer
a comparison.

-John in NH
Posted to rec.woodworking
leonard

hi one of the woodworking mag's did something on this subject a year or two
ago. the delta was the number two machine and the JDS was number one.sorry I
can not remember which issue or what magazine it was.

Len

Posted to rec.woodworking
Rocky

I have the JDS 2000 with the regular filters and it works great. I do
a lot of balsa cutting and sanding and it helps keep that light dust
from settling everwhere.

Rocky

Posted to rec.woodworking
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Rocky wrote:
I have the JDS 2000 with the regular filters and it works great. I do
a lot of balsa cutting and sanding and it helps keep that light dust
from settling everwhere.

Ditto. I have to say it was a bitch initially getting it hung, since I was by
myself. Once I started using my brains, it went right up. It's a nice unit:
quiet, too.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE

Posted to rec.woodworking
Fly-by-Night CC

In article cqmff.555084$_o.196039@attbi_s71, "Dave"
wrote:

I've been looking at the Delta and at the JDS. Is the JDS better than the
Delta or about the same? The JDS costs about 45 bucks more. They both have
electrostatic filters. Which one do you all like the best? I have a big
problem with sanding dust going everywhere. Thanks for your help.

Having bought the JDS-750...

Compare the micron capture ratings and blower CFM speeds.

Does the Delta come with a remote?

Does the Delta have a timer that will automatically shut down the unit
after a preset period of time?

And, if it's important to you as it was to me, is the Delta made in the
US?

Like I said, I have the JDS and have been very pleased with this
decision.
--
Owen Lowe
The Fly-by-Night Copper Company

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the
Corporate States of America and to the
Republicans for which it stands, one nation,
under debt, easily divisible, with liberty
and justice for oil."
- Wiley Miller, Non Sequitur, 1/24/05

Best granite countertop cleaner / polish ? Steve Henderson Home Repair 4 November 14th 05 03:48 PM
Pool cleaner hose connection problem, Slightly OT mclorson Metalworking 5 July 27th 05 12:39 AM
Pool cleaner floating Mike Home Repair 2 May 5th 04 02:44 PM
Kenmore (Sears) Water Softener Cleaner -- How often? L. Dwynn Lafleur Home Repair 4 January 25th 04 07:28 AM
Hayward Navigator pool cleaner gets stuck at steps Pond Scum Home Repair 2 July 31st 03 05:10 PM