Dave Hall

Default Anti-fog for glasses that works

On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 14:41:47 GMT, Dan_Musicant
wrote:

When I was a teenager back in the 1950's I attended some kind of indoor
expo in Hollywood, CA and came upon a guy hawking an anti-fog product.
He was like a snake oil salesman at a country side show, and there was a
crowd around him as he demonstrated this amazing product which kept
glasses, mirrors, etc from fogging up even when exposed to steam.
Ordinarily I've always been wary of scenes like that, but I couldn't
resist buying this thing for $1. The stuff was called Nu Clear-X and was
marketed by:

Palantic Products
1258 Howard Street
San Francisco 3, California

Of course, a Google search on the product name or company turns up
nothing.

It's a piece of what looks like wax, and pink in color, square cross
section, 3/4" on the side and was originally about 2.5" long. My piece
is now down to just under 1" long. This stuff works pretty damn well. I
figure I'll run out some day soon. I have a spray bottle of what
purports to be an antifog and anti-static solution but it sure doesn't
work as an antifog. Sometimes I really need to not have my glasses fog
up. For instance, when wearing a dust mask or goggles. Surely, there are
some products (or maybe home remedies) that work for this. Can I get
some recommendations? Thanks.

Dan

If you only used 60% of it in 45 to 50 years, why do you think the
other 40% is going to be used up "some day soon"? ;-)

By my calculations you must be in your early to mid 60s (teenager in
50's) so you should be in your 90s before using that 1" piece up :-)