trs80

Default manual for rockwell bandsaw?

is there anyplace I can download a copy of a manual for an old Rockwell
Model 14 bandsaw?

thank for any tips!

Unquestionably Confused

trs80 wrote:
is there anyplace I can download a copy of a manual for an old Rockwell
Model 14 bandsaw?

thank for any tips!

How old? Twenty-two years ago I acquired an old Milwaukee Delta 14" saw
and wrote to Delta who mailed me a parts list and manual along with the
information that my saw was produced around 1944-45.

I'd try them or www.owwm.com and see if they have what you need.

If you strike out there and your machine is around the same vintage as
mine, e-mail me off-list and I'll scan and mail you a copy of what I have.

Dave Hinz

On Sun, 6 Nov 2005 09:04:16 -0800, trs80 wrote:
is there anyplace I can download a copy of a manual for an old Rockwell
Model 14 bandsaw?

Heh...love your handle...got a few of those yet myself.

About the bandsaw manual, what's the model number? I have a Rockwell 14
(as do, probably, half the group?) and would be happy to scan some stuff
if you can't find any other source. You do know that Delta has online
parts manuals, yes?

trs80

Hi Dave:

I learned here rockwell became delta. I did find a parts breakdown diagram
online. But I was hoping to find a manual to tell me how to set it up and
service it and stuff. its 28-243 s/n number is 85c06223.

Trash 80. I actually never owne one. But I did have a Atari computer at
the time. I remember moving up to a PC with whoppin 10meg hard drive. That
was living!

"Dave Hinz" wrote in message
On Sun, 6 Nov 2005 09:04:16 -0800, trs80 wrote:
is there anyplace I can download a copy of a manual for an old Rockwell
Model 14 bandsaw?

Heh...love your handle...got a few of those yet myself.

About the bandsaw manual, what's the model number? I have a Rockwell 14
(as do, probably, half the group?) and would be happy to scan some stuff
if you can't find any other source. You do know that Delta has online
parts manuals, yes?

Dave Hinz

On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 22:25:38 -0800, trs80 wrote:
Hi Dave:

I learned here rockwell became delta. I did find a parts breakdown diagram
online. But I was hoping to find a manual to tell me how to set it up and
service it and stuff. its 28-243 s/n number is 85c06223.

Most of the setup and servicing will be non-model-specific, not even
Rockwell/Delta specific. What questions do you have?

Trash 80.

Hey now, you're treading on sacred territory there.

I actually never owne one. But I did have a Atari computer at
the time. I remember moving up to a PC with whoppin 10meg hard drive. That
was living!

freakin' newbies...

Greg G.

Dave Hinz said:

On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 22:25:38 -0800, trs80 wrote:

I actually never owne one. But I did have a Atari computer at
the time. I remember moving up to a PC with whoppin 10meg hard drive. That
was living!

freakin' newbies...

Ah, yes. The Altair 1000 and the Sinclair... You're dating yourself.

Greg G.
Greg G.

trs80 said:

if you want to email me its

thanks again!

Boy, you'll get plenty of spam now... ;-)

Greg G.
Dave Hinz

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 10:58:04 -0500, Greg G wrote:
Dave Hinz said:

On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 22:25:38 -0800, trs80 wrote:

I actually never owne one. But I did have a Atari computer at
the time. I remember moving up to a PC with whoppin 10meg hard drive. That
was living!

freakin' newbies...

Ah, yes. The Altair 1000 and the Sinclair... You're dating yourself.

Well, it was an Altair 680, but yeah. Still haven't forgiven the idiot
who borrowed it and then left it in an UNHEATED GARAGE WITH A LEAKING
ROOF for a year. *******.

Dave "Do you have any idea what that would eBay for?" Hinz

Greg G.

Dave Hinz said:

On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 22:25:38 -0800, trs80 wrote:

I actually never owne one. But I did have a Atari computer at
the time. I remember moving up to a PC with whoppin 10meg hard drive. That
was living!

freakin' newbies...

Ah, yes. The Altair 1000 and the Sinclair... You're dating yourself.

Well, it was an Altair 680, but yeah. Still haven't forgiven the idiot
who borrowed it and then left it in an UNHEATED GARAGE WITH A LEAKING
ROOF for a year. *******.

Dave "Do you have any idea what that would eBay for?" Hinz

Sorry about the 'puter, Dude. G
Want a box of old Heathkit/ZDS boards?

Hmm.. I may have the wrong brand. I think it was made by SWTP in
Texas, and was sorta the first kit computer. Didn't do squat - the
show demo consisted of making a radio whistle a tune. Programmed it
with toggles. Something 1000 anyway...
Or I could be completely mistaken... ;-)

Greg G.
Dave Hinz

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 11:27:08 -0500, Greg G wrote:
Dave Hinz said:

Well, it was an Altair 680, but yeah. Still haven't forgiven the idiot
who borrowed it and then left it in an UNHEATED GARAGE WITH A LEAKING
ROOF for a year. *******.

Sorry about the 'puter, Dude. G

I'm still ****ed about that, 15 years later. And he knows it.

Want a box of old Heathkit/ZDS boards?

I'm in a "get rid of crap" mode right now, but I'll keep you in mind if
I run short...

Hmm.. I may have the wrong brand. I think it was made by SWTP in
Texas, and was sorta the first kit computer. Didn't do squat - the
show demo consisted of making a radio whistle a tune. Programmed it
with toggles. Something 1000 anyway...

Well, there's the IMSAI, and the SWTPC, the latter being from Texas or
thereabouts. Seriously, if you've got parts, check eBay as they may be
going for rather alot, especially tested. I could be wrong, it's very
cyclical.

Or I could be completely mistaken... ;-)

That's my line. Get your own.

Dave "Or maybe not?" Hinz

Greg G.

Dave Hinz said:

Well, it was an Altair 680, but yeah. Still haven't forgiven the idiot
who borrowed it and then left it in an UNHEATED GARAGE WITH A LEAKING
ROOF for a year. *******.

Sorry about the 'puter, Dude. G

I'm still ****ed about that, 15 years later. And he knows it.

I can tell... g
I had a few things that I'm still ****ed about after 18 years, but
that's another story.

Want a box of old Heathkit/ZDS boards?

I'm in a "get rid of crap" mode right now, but I'll keep you in mind if
I run short...

Hey, are you calling my crap crap? Watch out...
Well, if you ever need more crap, I've got a ton of it.
You would make SWMBO SOOOO happy.
I just hate to see it go to waste.

Or I could be completely mistaken... ;-)

That's my line. Get your own.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick
society.

Greg G.
Dave Hinz

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 11:54:09 -0500, Greg G wrote:
Dave Hinz said:

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 11:27:08 -0500, Greg G wrote:

Want a box of old Heathkit/ZDS boards?

I'm in a "get rid of crap" mode right now, but I'll keep you in mind if
I run short...

Hey, are you calling my crap crap? Watch out...

No, I'm, er, calling the stuff I'm selling on eBay crap. Wait, that's
not right, I'm saying the stuff I'm _not_ selling on eBay is crap. No,
that's not right either.

HOw about this...there are people who are selling crap, much like the
_stuff_ I have, on eBay. Yeah, I think that's it. But my crap is
_good_ crap.

Well, if you ever need more crap, I've got a ton of it.
You would make SWMBO SOOOO happy.

Seriously, check out eBay. If you don't have a seller's account, maybe
we could work some sort of deal and I could sell the stuff for you? If
it's worth anything.

I just hate to see it go to waste.

That's why I have most of the crap I have. Stuff, I mean.

Or I could be completely mistaken... ;-)

That's my line. Get your own.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick
society.

Oooh, nice. I'm gonna steal that one

Dave

Greg G.

Dave Hinz said:

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 11:27:08 -0500, Greg G wrote:

Hey, are you calling my crap crap? Watch out...

No, I'm, er, calling the stuff I'm selling on eBay crap. Wait, that's
not right, I'm saying the stuff I'm _not_ selling on eBay is crap. No,
that's not right either.

HOw about this...there are people who are selling crap, much like the
_stuff_ I have, on eBay. Yeah, I think that's it. But my crap is
_good_ crap.

LMAO - Exactly. You should hear me trying to explain to the
better-half why I _need_ to keep this stuff...

Well, if you ever need more crap, I've got a ton of it.
You would make SWMBO SOOOO happy.

Seriously, check out eBay. If you don't have a seller's account, maybe
we could work some sort of deal and I could sell the stuff for you? If
it's worth anything.

I have an account - ReliableRelics.
I sell Tektronix oscilloscopes and stuff.
Hey, need a 2247 100mHz, 4 channel, CRT readout scope, per chance?
Nice shape - fully calibrated.

I just hate to see it go to waste.

That's why I have most of the crap I have. Stuff, I mean.

I'm buried in it...

Or I could be completely mistaken... ;-)

That's my line. Get your own.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick
society.

Oooh, nice. I'm gonna steal that one

Be careful who you use it around - they might not understand. DAMHIKT

Greg G.

Dave Hinz

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 13:38:44 -0500, Greg G wrote:
Dave Hinz said:

HOw about this...there are people who are selling crap, much like the
_stuff_ I have, on eBay. Yeah, I think that's it. But my crap is
_good_ crap.

LMAO - Exactly. You should hear me trying to explain to the
better-half why I _need_ to keep this stuff...

Well, seriously, it's good stuff, I just will never use it. I've got a
couple of Omega 0.25% accurate pressure gauges. They go for several
hundred bucks each new, I fished them out of a salvage skid before they
were thrown away. They're fine. I have NO use for them,but someone
does. I'll get those on eBay one of these days. Big honking 6"
diameter pressure gauges, beautiful mechanisms, worth something to
someone. Too good to pay to throw away, not useful to me. I've started
selling off stuff like that to finance buying toys that I do want,
something I will use.

I've got tons of extra collets, too. Low value, but high volume. I've
got 5 or 6 of each of several sizes. I need one of each, not 6 of each.
Those will probably go on eBay too. Thing is, I can always buy one just
like it if I do screw up and sell something that I find out later I
needed.

Kind of like the framing nailer I sold a month ago or so. 100 bucks for
a Senco isn't bad for either of us, he's getting use out of it, and I
wasn't. If I ever need a framing nailer again, I'll go to eBay, buy one
for about that much, and sell it for the same when I'm done. Or not.
But this way the other guy gets to use the tool, that 100 bucks turned
into something that I'm actually using, and we all come out ahead.

The good stuff that I'm not using, is more use in someone else's
basement. It's time consuming and at some point I'm going to regret
selling _something_, but with eBay, I can always find one just like it,
or nicer, if I turn out to have screwed up.

Seriously, check out eBay. If you don't have a seller's account, maybe
we could work some sort of deal and I could sell the stuff for you? If
it's worth anything.

I have an account - ReliableRelics.
I sell Tektronix oscilloscopes and stuff.

Have to take a look...

Hey, need a 2247 100mHz, 4 channel, CRT readout scope, per chance?

Would it look good in the rack above or below my 556?

I just hate to see it go to waste.

That's why I have most of the crap I have. Stuff, I mean.

I'm buried in it...

Maybe we could _swap_ crap. Then we both get all new crap to play with.

Greg G.

Greg G. said:

Dave Hinz said:

Seriously, check out eBay. If you don't have a seller's account, maybe
we could work some sort of deal and I could sell the stuff for you? If
it's worth anything.

I have an account - ReliableRelics.
I sell Tektronix oscilloscopes and stuff.
Hey, need a 2247 100mHz, 4 channel, CRT readout scope, per chance?
Nice shape - fully calibrated.

Here is an example:

Just haven't made the time to sort through 10 gazillion baseball cards
(don't ask) and all the other cra^H^H^H stuff to list it.
If I do, it'll probably be a bulk lot of... uhh... stuff.

Later,

Greg G.