Waynemak

Default Looking for a manual for a elta bandsaw

I just pick up a 14" delta band saw, it has the dual speed gear box for both
metal/wood. I am having trouble getting fof one speed to another, the gear
box seems stuck but I have no idea how to change it. I am sure it is simple
but turning the knurled wheel does't seem to do anything. Its just free
wheeling now its in no gear. I once looked at a web sight with delta PDF
manuals but have not found the sithe instead I have found the normal 50,000
people selling them at way to much money on ebay.

Mike Henry

Take a look at:

www.owwm.com

where they have available a huge collection of old woodworking machine
manuals and brochures.

Mike

"Waynemak" wrote in message
I just pick up a 14" delta band saw, it has the dual speed gear box for
both metal/wood. I am having trouble getting fof one speed to another, the
gear box seems stuck but I have no idea how to change it. I am sure it is
simple but turning the knurled wheel does't seem to do anything. Its just
free wheeling now its in no gear. I once looked at a web sight with delta
PDF manuals but have not found the sithe instead I have found the normal
50,000 people selling them at way to much money on ebay.

Mawdeeb

Waynemak wrote:
I just pick up a 14" delta band saw, it has the dual speed gear box for both
metal/wood. I am having trouble getting fof one speed to another, the gear
box seems stuck but I have no idea how to change it. I am sure it is simple
but turning the knurled wheel does't seem to do anything. Its just free
wheeling now its in no gear. I once looked at a web sight with delta PDF
manuals but have not found the sithe instead I have found the normal 50,000
people selling them at way to much money on ebay.

If your email can handle a 4 meg file, I scanned my original 8 page
manual and 4 pages of the exploded diagrams and parts list of a newer
model. I won't send it unless you say go.

I suspect you may have the newer model. The knurled wheel should slide
in and out of the hub holding the main 8" drive pulley. It should cause
a toothed coupler to engage the big pulley when pulled out (high speed)
and engage the gear reduction inside the gear case when pushed in (low
speed).

Former owner of such a beast

Jim Vrzal
Holiday,Fl.
Waynemak

Ok I get stupid user award, Delta.com has a manual its just for a much newer
machine but it should do. After reading I used a little extra force ot move
the knob and it works fine. It was very stiff, I don't think this thing has
been turned on in many years, the cord is all dry rotted. Seems like a nice
little machine.