Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Mike W.

Default Your kickback experience

Before you read this, please understand I am not asking if it's OK to be
unsafe and have a kickback incident, I just want to know what really
happens to us all.

A post about a year ago from me describes a kickback incident I had that
hurt pretty bad. The board didnt break the skin, but blood finally made
it to the surface of my gut the next day. I never want to have that
happen again, but a recent post titled 'Table saw wood splitter/anti
kick back question' made me wonder what people are actually referring
too when they say stuff like "it'll eventually get you".

How many people here have had a significant kickback incident?

How bad was it? Was it just a 'put a bandaid on it and get back to
sawing' incident or a 'Im not sure I ever want to touch a tablesaw
again' incident? Was it really a life threatening issue?

Mine was a 'put a bandaid on it' (plus a new pair of undies) incident.
A year later and I'm still ultra careful and hate to think what would
have happend had my gut been my head in that instance.

Thanks,

Mike

Your GE Experience -- Mine is Don't Buy Cynthia Home Ownership 9 November 27th 05 07:34 PM
unexpected introduction to kickback edog Woodworking 32 September 25th 05 04:33 PM
Planer Kickback Gary Woodworking 22 June 3rd 05 03:32 AM
World of windows experience anyone??? The Question Asker UK diy 21 December 12th 04 03:55 AM
new combi experience report Fred UK diy 12 December 5th 04 09:11 PM