The Question Asker

Default World of windows experience anyone???

Hi,
Me again. Just wondering if anyone has any experience of World of Windows
Just had a quote from them which was massively lower than the competitors
but just wondering what the company's like and if it even exists before I
hand money over!! Obviously I'm not looking for a superior product as you
pay for what you get.
Any thoughts

Colin Wilson

Any thoughts

If you can pay by credit card, you will be covered under the consumer
credit act regardless...

Alex \(YMG\)

"The Question Asker" wrote in message
Hi,
Me again. Just wondering if anyone has any experience of World of Windows
Just had a quote from them which was massively lower than the competitors
but just wondering what the company's like and if it even exists before I
hand money over!! Obviously I'm not looking for a superior product as you
pay for what you get.
Any thoughts

I'd guess they're probably ****, based on their name.

Another useless post by yours truly!

Alex

raden

In message , Huge
writes
"The Question Asker" writes:
Hi,
Me again. Just wondering if anyone has any experience of World of Windows

Linux is better. More secure.

But is it double glazed ?

--
geoff
Bert Coules

To answer the original question, World of Windows' quote for a single
replacement window is the lowest of the ones I've so far obtained: £353 -
£427 (presumably dependent on which quality range I choose); the others have
all been nearer to £600 (with one small local company quoting £1000).

The World of Windows quote was given by phone, based on size and number of
openers. I haven't seen the product, and haven't yet asked about doing so.
A couple of other companies who gave phone quotes offered to bring samples
to me for assessment, but I didn't ask if World of Windows would also do so.

Bert
http://www.bertcoules.co.uk

The Question Asker

They are registered on the FENSA website, just going to make a call and find
out how long they have been registered be it a few years or a couple of
months. I must admit I was impressed with the honesty of the quoter,
although scamsters are probably always like that. I was asked questions to
get me the cheapest quote, which for a renovation project is needed.
Watch this space.
"Bert Coules" wrote in message
To answer the original question, World of Windows' quote for a single
replacement window is the lowest of the ones I've so far obtained: £353 -
£427 (presumably dependent on which quality range I choose); the others
have
all been nearer to £600 (with one small local company quoting £1000).

The World of Windows quote was given by phone, based on size and number of
openers. I haven't seen the product, and haven't yet asked about doing
so.
A couple of other companies who gave phone quotes offered to bring samples
to me for assessment, but I didn't ask if World of Windows would also do
so.

Bert
http://www.bertcoules.co.uk

Bert Coules

Question Asker,

Did you see samples of the actual windows? What did you think?

Bert
http://www.bertcoules.co.uk

The Question Asker

Yeah they seemed fine, must admit Im going for externally galzed (Yes I know
but the guy did say if I was living in the house he would insist on
Internally glazed) and the only one he had to show me was an internally
galzed only thing was that the deposit was 20% and cant do it till 1st Jan
"Bert Coules" wrote in message
Question Asker,

Did you see samples of the actual windows? What did you think?

Bert
http://www.bertcoules.co.uk

Bert Coules

but the guy did say if I was living in the house he would insist on
Internally glazed)

Insist? What right has a salesman to *insist*?

Bert
http://www.bertcoules.co.uk

N. Thornton

"The Question Asker" wrote in message ...
Well indeed but at least it gave me the impression that he realised what I
required i.e a cheap quote for the whole house in order to sell the house on
at a profit.

Whas up with the present windows? I ask because
1. a large proportion of windows replaced would actually have been
cheaper to repair, its just the owner didnt realise how easy it was
and assumed they were beyond repair,
2. Removing original windows and putting in plastic has reduced
property value in quite a few cases.

NT
The Question Asker

All frames are rotten glass is single glazed and the appearance isn't that
good, personally I hate white upvc windows but then Imp not going to be
living in the house.

Bert Coules

All frames are rotten glass is single glazed and the appearance isn't that
good...

Single glazed? That seems astonishing in the current market.

I've just had a very good telephone quote from a local company; they use a
firm called Corby Windows who have a website at http://www.cwg-uk.com/ . I
haven't seen samples yet.

Bert
http://www.bertcoules.co.uk

Bert Coules

I just has a rep from World of Windows call and price up a single-window
replacement job: far from being the cheapest of all the quotes I've so far
obtained, it was the second-to-most expensive. His sample window looked
sturdy and well-made, though; they use a UK manufacturer called Spectus. In
common with several other of the larger companies, he offered me one price
for on-the-spot acceptance and a second (£76 higher) if I delayed.

Bert
http://www.bertcoules.co.uk

Bert Coules

The Question Asker asked:

Was that based in Billericay Essex?

No, my local World of Windows is in Maidstone in Kent.

Bert
http://www.bertcoiules.co.uk

Bert Coules

"My" World of Windows has this website: http://www.theworldofwindows.com/ -
the "where to find us" page gives only the Maidstone address. What is
confusing is that the site (and their literature) call the company "World of
Windows and Conservatories" - and the rep's card also bears the legend
"World of Home Improvements"...

Bert
http://www.bertcoules.co.uk

Edward W. Thompson

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 12:37:31 -0000, "Bert Coules"
wrote:

I just has a rep from World of Windows call and price up a single-window
replacement job: far from being the cheapest of all the quotes I've so far
obtained, it was the second-to-most expensive. His sample window looked
sturdy and well-made, though; they use a UK manufacturer called Spectus. In
common with several other of the larger companies, he offered me one price
for on-the-spot acceptance and a second (£76 higher) if I delayed.

Bert
http://www.bertcoules.co.uk

As a matter of interest what was the reason for the increase in price
(£76) if you delayed acceptance? I don't think I would deal with any
Company using that practice unless there was a valid reason.

Bert Coules

Edward,

As a matter of interest what was the reason for the increase in price
(£76) if you delayed acceptance?

This is a common tactic. If pressed - "But how exactly do your costs
increase if I accept the quote tomorrow rather than today?" - the salesmen
can't actually come up with a valid reason, but burble about "special
instant discounts" and the like. After my first experience of the practice
I gave up asking.

I don't think I would deal with any Company using that
practice unless there was a valid reason.

I suppose in a competitive market one must expect attempts to force an
instant decision and prevent shopping around, but I'm inclined to agree: it
does come across as rather spivvy.

Bert
http://www.bertcoules.co.uk