ScRaPLeR

Default Box joint on Incra LS using 1/2" stock. ????

Can anyone tell me how to get one of the box joint templates for the
incra system to work with 1/2" stock when they only go up to 3/8" for
box joints? or tell me of an incra group, board, blog site, etc.

Thanks in advance for any info
David

ScRaPLeR wrote:

Can anyone tell me how to get one of the box joint templates for the
incra system to work with 1/2" stock when they only go up to 3/8" for
box joints? or tell me of an incra group, board, blog site, etc.

Thanks in advance for any info

I just did that. set the height of the bit a "skosh" higher than 1/2"
and make your box joint cuts. I use the 1/4" bit. You DO know about
the "blue" cuts and the "red" cuts, right?

Dave
ScRaPLeR

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 18:39:50 -0800, David wrote:

Opps, damn I was not thinking. the thickness matters not just as long
as the bit height is at least the thickness and yes I am aware of the
blue and red cuts. Thanks for taking time to respond. you are most
kind.

ScRaPLeR

ScRaPLeR wrote:

Can anyone tell me how to get one of the box joint templates for the
incra system to work with 1/2" stock when they only go up to 3/8" for
box joints? or tell me of an incra group, board, blog site, etc.

Thanks in advance for any info

I just did that. set the height of the bit a "skosh" higher than 1/2"
and make your box joint cuts. I use the 1/4" bit. You DO know about
the "blue" cuts and the "red" cuts, right?

Dave

David

ScRaPLeR wrote:

Can anyone tell me how to get one of the box joint templates for the
incra system to work with 1/2" stock when they only go up to 3/8" for
box joints? or tell me of an incra group, board, blog site, etc.

Thanks in advance for any info

I just did that. set the height of the bit a "skosh" higher than 1/2"
and make your box joint cuts. I use the 1/4" bit. You DO know about
the "blue" cuts and the "red" cuts, right?

Dave

no problemo. After fiddling with dovetails, making box joints is a walk
in the park!

Dave
George

"ScRaPLeR" wrote in message
On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 18:39:50 -0800, David wrote:

Opps, damn I was not thinking. the thickness matters not just as long
as the bit height is at least the thickness and yes I am aware of the
blue and red cuts. Thanks for taking time to respond. you are most
kind.

This works great, and as you can see, it's not complicated.
http://us.oak-park.com/catalogue.html?list=boxj--

Of course, if I paid the dough for an Incra, I'd make it brew tea, and bake
biscuits to earn its keep.