noonenparticular

Default routing corian

A friend has asked me to put a roundover on a piece of corian. Anything to
be aware of/concerned about?

Does it rout like wood? more abrasive?

Any help would be appreciated.

Joe

Robatoy

In article ,
"noonenparticular" wrote:

A friend has asked me to put a roundover on a piece of corian. Anything to
be aware of/concerned about?

Does it rout like wood? more abrasive?

Yup. Slow down on the tip speed and feedrate if you can. Make sure
you're sharp. If it is real Corian/Wilsonart/Meganite/Staron, the
abrasiveness not that bad.
Some of the polyester look-alikes suck canal water.

Any help would be appreciated.

Joe

No chip, waste is dust, ready to waste your face, eyes, & lungs.
Vaccuum collection at the cutter mandatory.
I would not climb cut this stuff, light cuts first to learn its routing
character.
More on routing anything: http://www.patwarner.com/
noonenparticular wrote:
A friend has asked me to put a roundover on a piece of corian. Anything to
be aware of/concerned about?

Does it rout like wood? more abrasive?

Any help would be appreciated.

Joe

Toller

It is much easier than you would think. I just routed a Tslot in corian;
piece of cake.

DamnYankee

noonenparticular wrote:
A friend has asked me to put a roundover on a piece of corian. Anything to
be aware of/concerned about?

Does it rout like wood? more abrasive?

Any help would be appreciated.

Joe

It creates a lot of static electricity on your tools. When I have
routed it, I had to keep my thumb anchored on a metal part of the
router to keep from getting shocked. It did the same thing to my PC
belt sander. It shocked the crap out of me for weeks. I finally took
it apart and blew all the dust out of it and then it was fine. Anyone
else ever experience this?

Bryan

Routing a T-Slot in Corian? toller Woodworking 21 June 11th 05 02:06 AM
Corian countertop, can I put on a corian sink to replace the stainless? [email protected] Home Repair 3 February 17th 05 03:33 PM
Gluing Corian AHilton Woodturning 15 May 7th 04 05:10 AM
corian vs staron Saravana Home Repair 14 October 27th 03 03:42 PM