Robatoy

Default routing corian

In article .com,
wrote:

No chip, waste is dust, ready to waste your face, eyes, & lungs.
Vaccuum collection at the cutter mandatory.

The acrylic versions of solid surface, such as Corian, Wilsonart,
Meganite and others flake off real nice when using a sharp bit. Nice
micro-thin wafers that float like snowflakes in the shape of the cutting
bit.
If and when you're getting a lot of dust, you're no longer cutting, but
grinding. Slow rotational speeds and slow feedrates will reduce the
'grinding' effects.
The dust? Well, I had it analysed on two occasions. Once by the labour
standards people, the second time by an outside lab at the request of a
client. It is considered 'nuisance dust' no different than going down a
country road in a convertible with my sweetie on a warm summer
day..yessir, picnic basket, soft music...bottle of wine...*slap*..

The formulation is methyl methacrylate and aluminum tri-hydrate...
dentists make capped teeth from that stuff. After it is manufactured,
the dust is inert and quite heavy. Within a cpl of minutes, the air is
clear.
I will always recommend wearing a mask, and I do, but there's no
'booga-booga' aspect to the dust whatsoever. Dust from many wood species
are way worse for your health than a totally inert substance like solid
surface dust....at least the acrylic types. (As opposed to the garbage
polyester ones)