Toller

Default Craftsman CopyCenter?

I bought a Craftsman 12" lathe at an auction. It came with a Craftsman
CopyCenter installed. It is pretty bulky, and I don't plan on copying any
spindles in the near future.
Does the lathe work better or worse with the copycenter installed (other
than copying of course) I would like to get rid of it because of the bulk,
but it if helps, then I will keep it.
Thanks.

LRod

On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 15:44:07 GMT, "Toller" wrote:

I bought a Craftsman 12" lathe at an auction. It came with a Craftsman
CopyCenter installed. It is pretty bulky, and I don't plan on copying any
spindles in the near future.
Does the lathe work better or worse with the copycenter installed (other
than copying of course) I would like to get rid of it because of the bulk,
but it if helps, then I will keep it.

I think it's called Copy Crafter. I had one--never installed it--sold
it. Therefore, other than the name correction I can add nothing of
value to your question.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

Bob G.

On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 15:44:07 GMT, "Toller" wrote:

I bought a Craftsman 12" lathe at an auction. It came with a Craftsman
CopyCenter installed. It is pretty bulky, and I don't plan on copying any
spindles in the near future.
Does the lathe work better or worse with the copycenter installed (other
than copying of course) I would like to get rid of it because of the bulk,
but it if helps, then I will keep it.
Thanks.

I honestly do not use my lathe all that much ...but I have had the
Copy or duplicating accesory mounted now for at least the last 20
years... it does not interfere with the way I use the lathe....

I did drill and tap more then a few holes in the metal piece that sits
in front of the "tube"... so I can mount the tool rest anywhere I need
it ...otherwise the copy crafter would have to be removed and stored
until i needed to copy a spindle etc (very rare) ...

Not much of a lathe...but then again I am not that skilled either...
Just never needed to be ...lol...

Like some one mentioned...the motor cover on mine hit the trash can
within days of my purchase....the motor however is mounted on the
bench just got tired of lifting the cover to adjust the speed ...

Bob G.