loutent

Default Tool belts....

Hi all,

3 or 4 years ago, SWMBO bought me a tool belt
for Christmas. I thought that I needed one, but up
until this past summer, it just hung on a nail in the
shop.

As I started working on a built in entertainment unit
in our FR, I found myself going up & down a step ladder
a lot, not to mention up & down the steps to my basement
shop. After one frustrating day with many trips like that,
I glanced over at the belt and thought - maybe it's time
to strap it on!

Fast forward 5 or 6 months and now I find that the belt
has become almost indispensible. I finally know
exactly where the tape measure, pencil, utility knife
etc are located. It has become like a seat belt in that I
no longer am aware that it is there (one of the major
reasons I resisted wearing it).

I used to think that wearing a tool belt when I was just
working in the shop would be silly, but it has increased
my 'workflow' for the better.

Now I know why Norm always wears his.

Maybe it's time to buckle up (if you're not already.)

Lou
Edwin Pawlowski

"loutent" wrote in message
Fast forward 5 or 6 months and now I find that the belt
has become almost indispensible. I finally know
exactly where the tape measure, pencil, utility knife
etc are located.

I use an apron for the same reason. My wife likes the apron too as it makes
for less mess for her doing laundry.

DanG

You will know you really are one when you decide that you need
suspenders on that belt to help spread the load and carry even
more weight in those bags.

Here's another great idea:
I own 2 of the double sided ladders. We added a great feature to
them by trapping a few rare earth magnets under the top deck.
They are strong enough to keep those screws and tools from coming
down when you move the ladder.

(top posted for your convenience)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"loutent" wrote in message
[...]

L. Wilson

Yep, I know how you feel. I use the tool belt for the outside
construction kind of work. In the shop I have moved to the shop apron
with all the assorted pockets. Don't how I got by so many years with
out it. If I go to the shop for a few minutes and don't put on the
apron, I feel naked.....

WoodWizzard

loutent wrote:
[...]

David

loutent wrote:

[...]

yeah, I always wear a leather apron now, when in the shop. it keeps my
cotton clothes from getting bombarded with wood fibers.

Dave

B Man

Same here. Toolbelts are great for outside, but in the shop, the apron is
more appropriate.

At first I felt a little silly not using the belt, but the pockets and
cleaner cloths has me sold.

We should get a petition started to get Norm to start wearing an apron.

Brian

loutent wrote:

[...]

loutent

In article , B Man
wrote:

Same here. Toolbelts are great for outside, but in the shop, the apron is
more appropriate.

I also have a shop apron from SWMBO (last year). It's
hanging on a nail too.

Guess that's next.

Lou

Tool Guide Joe AutoDrill Metalworking 5 April 14th 05 05:39 PM
Tool Guide Joe AutoDrill Woodworking 4 April 13th 05 02:50 AM
For peer review, new FAQ section: Power Tools. John Rumm UK diy 87 March 8th 05 09:43 PM
Leatherman Tool Henry E Schaffer Woodworking 13 August 27th 03 06:17 AM