Diane L

Default [I] EVOLUTION Up a Creek Without a Paddle...

(I had to cut sci.bio from the crosspost because my newserver
didn't recognise it. I hope Jason is reading in another group)

Jason wrote:

snip
bel,
If you just wanted to make a point--you succeeded. However, if you
really want an answer to your questions, you will have to read the
same book that I read on this subject.
"Evolution: The Fossils Still Say No" by Dr. Duane Gish
If macro-evolution was true, the fossils would provide all of the
evidence that was needed to prove it. The fossils don't provide the
evidence needed to prove that macro-evolution is true. If you don't
believe me, read the book.

Jason,
Have you considered reading more than one book on this subject
before making up your mind? I'd suggest one on evolutionary
theory written by someone who has actually studied the subject,
then maybe something about genetics, paleontology, geology and
phylogeny, the evidence from all of which supports the theory of
evolution.

Diane L.

Jason

Jason wrote:

[...]

That's a great suggestion and I may do it. I took a course related to
evolution while in college and I have not seen any new information
about evolution in any of the recent posts that provided new
data that I have not seen before. I asked
several people to let me know about any newer experiments that prove
life can evolve from non-life. As of yet, none of the posters have
told be about an experiment. When I was in college, the professor
was fairly certain that eventually a scientist would be able to prove
that life could evolve from non-life. When it happens, I will turn
my back on the ID movement and become an evolutionist. I noticed from
your post that you were very professional. I was beginning to think
that all evolutionists were unprofessional.
Jason

--
NEWSGROUP SUBSCRIBERS MOTTO
We do NOT respect the subscribers that enjoy criticizing people.

Odinn

On 10/23/2005 1:55 PM Jason mumbled something about the following:

Jason wrote:

[...]

Unprofessional? Me calling you stupid and an idiot is unprofessional?
You make it way too easy. Besides, I don't have a profession in
palaeontology, I'm just a computer nerd who likes to point out your
fallacies by using your own arguments against you. It's people like you
who make IDers such an easy target. Keep it up, it's way too entertaining.

--
Odinn
RCOS #7 SENS ??? BS ???

"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never
worshiped anything but himself." -- Sir Richard Francis Burton

Reeky's unofficial homepage ... http://www.reeky.org
'03 FLHTI ........... http://www.sloanclan.org/gallery/ElectraGlide
'97 VN1500D ......... http://www.sloanclan.org/gallery/VulcanClassic
Atlanta Biker Net ... http://www.atlantabiker.net
Vulcan Riders Assoc . http://www.vulcanriders.org

rot13 to reply
Jois

"Jason" wrote in message
[snip]

That's a great suggestion and I may do it. I took a course related to
evolution while in college and I have not seen any new information
about evolution in any of the recent posts that provided new
data that I have not seen before.

[snip]

I don't know what pratchett is but what would you expect to learn about what
is new or old or anything else about evolution in woodworking, medical
pathology, or celebrity gossip?

Talk Origins is the place to discuss evolution and ID and Creationism - try
there.

Back yourself out of these other newsgroups, it is just plain rude to push
your religious beliefs in these other groups.

Josie

Diane L

Jois wrote:
"Jason" wrote in message
[snip]

That's a great suggestion and I may do it. I took a course related to
evolution while in college and I have not seen any new information
about evolution in any of the recent posts that provided new
data that I have not seen before.

[snip]

I don't know what pratchett is but what would you expect to learn
about what is new or old or anything else about evolution in
woodworking, medical pathology, or celebrity gossip?

Pratchett is a British fantasy author whose works include a novel
featuring a God of Evolution and who has co-authored 3 books about
science, the 3rd of which is subtitled /Darwin's Watch/. Given that,
and the fact that anything Pratchett fans are interested in is on-topic
for afp, there's no real problem with the thread being posted here.
If I knew in which group Jason is (or indeed you are) reading I'd
cut the crosspost down to just that group and afp.

Diane L.

Jason

In article , "Diane
L" wrote:

Jois wrote:
"Jason" wrote in message
[snip]

[...]

sci.med.pathology
I tried posting a message at talk.origins but it did not appear. I have
had that same problem with another newsgroup so it's possible that it's a
problem related to my internet service provider. It appears to be the best
newsgroup related to the evolution vs. ID debate.
Jason

--
NEWSGROUP SUBSCRIBERS MOTTO
We do NOT respect the subscribers that enjoy criticizing people.

Enoch Root

Diane L wrote:

Jason,
Have you considered reading more than one book on this subject
before making up your mind? I'd suggest one on evolutionary
theory written by someone who has actually studied the subject,
then maybe something about genetics, paleontology, geology and
phylogeny, the evidence from all of which supports the theory of
evolution.

The problem being that ID is indistinguishable from evolution outside of
the low and whispering "as though there were an intelligent designer
lurking behind it all!" and begging for you to agree without offering up
an way of demonstrating that designers existence: his/her reality lies
in the conclusion being begged.

ID is obscenely dishonest, pretending to forswear God while deviously
circumventing technical weaknesses in the law design to prevent the
government meddling in religious hoohaw. It's devilishly clever.

Sheesh, why is this being posted to *these* groups??? And how do I
set... nevermind.

er