Rob V

Default dust collection @ the drill press

Im getting sick of useing my shopvac as my dust collection at my drill
press.
(not really dust collection - more like leave the mess - or suck it up when
im done)
I ran a peice of 3" flex hose to the table - but not sure what to do w/ it.
right now I just hang it off the back and suck up as soon as im done
drilling.

Can anyone shoot me some ideas on what they have?

Thanks

TonyMo

Lee Valley to the rescue...once again.
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...t=1,42401&ap=1

TonyMo

Lee Valley to the rescue...once again.
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...t=1,42401&ap=1

BillyBob

"Rob V" wrote in message
om...
Im getting sick of useing my shopvac as my dust collection at my drill
press.
(not really dust collection - more like leave the mess - or suck it up

when
im done)
I ran a peice of 3" flex hose to the table - but not sure what to do w/

it.
right now I just hang it off the back and suck up as soon as im done
drilling.

This will stimulate your thinking.
http://www.anneldavis.com/bobandanne...collection.htm. I am not
completely satisfied with it because drill press operations can take on so
many different configurations that require moving the nozzle around. As you
can see, I had a 4" hose. I am thinking of reconfiguring with a 2 1/2" hose
to make it easier to move things around. It doesn't take a lot of air
volume to work satisfactorily with a drill press. I think the most important
factor is to bring the hose in from overhead. Mounting on the table or
laying it on top of your work piece is a pain in the butt.

Bob

BillyBob

"TonyMo" wrote in message
oups.com...
Lee Valley to the rescue...once again.
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...t=1,42401&ap=1

Magnetic is not suitable on drill press, unless you rig up some kind of
metal articulating bracket that comes in overhead. It seems logical to just
place it on the metal drill press table. The problem is that most of the
time your metal table is covered with the workpiece you are drilling and no
place to attach the chute. It does not readily rest on the workpiece because
it will slide right off. I have one of these chutes and it works great on
the steel router table for which it was designed.

Bob

booger

A poor man's solution recently published in one of the woodworking magazine
involved using a couple of pieces of wood with a hole drilled through each.
The first piece needed a hole the diameter of the drill press pole, then you
cut the board in half, so you could make a "clamp" to fit the drill press
pole. The second board was done the same way with the hole the size of the
DC hose you were using. You connected the two boards with a dowel rod cut
to a usuable length. I know this isn't the clearest description. I'll see
if I can find the pic in the magazine and post it to ABPW later this
evening.

om...

On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 05:12:16 GMT, "Rob V" wrote:

Im getting sick of useing my shopvac as my dust collection at my drill
press.
(not really dust collection - more like leave the mess - or suck it up when
im done)
I ran a peice of 3" flex hose to the table - but not sure what to do w/ it.
right now I just hang it off the back and suck up as soon as im done
drilling.

Can anyone shoot me some ideas on what they have?

Thanks

I have the 2hp harbor freight DC. from it a 4" flex to a positioning
bracket as close as I can get it to the drill chuck. no nozzle, just
the end of the hose. works pretty good.