Dave

Default spruce up kitchen cabinets

I am looking for an easy way to give my wooden kitchen cabinets a
facelift. Don't want to go through the refinishing process. wondering
if anybody knows a good way to make them "POP" again?? I used Briwax on
one of them and it works pretty good, but wondering if anybody has a
better longer lasting solution??
TIA
Dave
loutent

In article , Dave
wrote:

I am looking for an easy way to give my wooden kitchen cabinets a
facelift. Don't want to go through the refinishing process. wondering
if anybody knows a good way to make them "POP" again?? I used Briwax on
one of them and it works pretty good, but wondering if anybody has a
better longer lasting solution??
TIA
Dave

Hi Dave,

About 1.5 years ago, we gave our oak cabinets a
facelift. What I did was to take all the doors
off, remove hardware (which we changed) and
cleaned them with 0000 steel wool & mineral
spirits. Then I ran some stain over them to fill in
any scratches etc. After a few days to dry, I rubbed
them gently with steel wool and then put 2 coats
of wipe on poly on them. Same treatment for the
drawers & faceframes.

This made them "pop" like new - actually, better
than new IMHO.

Nice hardware makes a big difference.

Lou
Dave

loutent wrote in
:

In article , Dave
wrote:

[...]

that sounds like a great idea. no need for stripping which is the
main
thing i wanted to avoid. the rest i can handle, just didnt want the
mess of stripping. THANKS
Dave