Bruce E. Harang II

Default Brushed aluminum edge banding for IKEA kitchen cabinets.

I hope that someone out there can help me with this one. I purchased some
kitchen cabinets from IKEA and they are the glossy red Abstrakt with a
brushed aluminum edge banding on them. I have to modify one of the cabinets
and cut down a door and I am having trouble finding some edge banding that
is at least "close enough" to the original. IKEA is no help and will not let
me know who their supplier is to order the stuff so I look to all of you out
there. I have searched online and can only find brushed brass and polished
chrome and nothing in a brushed aluminum or brushed stainless steel. I
really don't want to remove all the edging on all the doors and drawers and
start from scratch but it looks more and more like the only option.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Bruce

Bruce E. Harang II

The problem is that it is a faux aluminum, it's some sort of plastic that is
attached to the sides. I think that if I put real aluminum or steel on it
that I will not match the original very well.

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
[...]

chibiabos

In article , Bruce E. Harang II
wrote:

The problem is that it is a faux aluminum, it's some sort of plastic that is
attached to the sides. I think that if I put real aluminum or steel on it
that I will not match the original very well.

I would check some of the laminate manufacturers, Wilsonart or Formica,
both of whom make a variety of metal-looking laminates such as you
describe. You can get samples at any HD.

-chib

MUADIB®

Try this out, It might pay off...........he Body molding for cars is
available in rolls. Almost any color available too. Many widths and

You could contact a local body shop , they'd at least point you toward
a supplier, or maybe they'll work with you to get some.

This is only a test.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

http://www.angelfire.com/retro/sster...IN%20PAGE.html