Bruce E. Harang II

The problem is that it is a faux aluminum, it's some sort of plastic that is
attached to the sides. I think that if I put real aluminum or steel on it
that I will not match the original very well.

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
Call around to some metal shops in your area. You're bound to find someone
who can make what you need, and probably come up with a nice match.

"Bruce E. Harang II" wrote in message
I hope that someone out there can help me with this one. I purchased some
kitchen cabinets from IKEA and they are the glossy red Abstrakt with a
brushed aluminum edge banding on them. I have to modify one of the

cabinets
and cut down a door and I am having trouble finding some edge banding
that
is at least "close enough" to the original. IKEA is no help and will not

let
me know who their supplier is to order the stuff so I look to all of you

out
there. I have searched online and can only find brushed brass and
polished
chrome and nothing in a brushed aluminum or brushed stainless steel. I
really don't want to remove all the edging on all the doors and drawers

and
start from scratch but it looks more and more like the only option.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Bruce