Thomas

Default jointer infee/outfeed table question

I just posted a picture on abpw of the infeed/outfeed tables on a Jet model
JJ-6CSX jointer that I bought used.
Please take a look and tell me if this is the correct configuration of the
tables or should they be parallel to each other.
Thanks,
Thomas

brianlanning

I can't see abpw from work, but if you set the depth to 0, the tables
should be completely parallel and coplanar. That is, there should be
no peak or valley at the cutterhead. If you lower the infeed table for
a cut, the planes of the infeed and outfeed tables, should be exactly
parallel.

brian

tom

Doesn't look right to me. Raise them both all the way up. Lower the
outfeed 'tiI your straightedge touches all of the infeed, and the
leading edge of the outfeed. Then measure how much the tail of the
outfeed needs shimming up. I think your best bet would be to shim the
ways of the outfeed table(as it's moved much less than the infeed), to
where it's co-planar with the infeed. Tom

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 12:23:17 -0500, "Thomas"
scythicon311@yahoo(dot)com wrote:

I just posted a picture on abpw of the infeed/outfeed tables on a Jet model
JJ-6CSX jointer that I bought used.
Please take a look and tell me if this is the correct configuration of the
tables or should they be parallel to each other.
Thanks,
Thomas

push down on your straightedge so it sits flat on the outfeed table.
the distance it hovers above the infeed table is the depth of cut.
this is adjustable with those handwheels...

hey, anybody have the link to that excellent jointer setup post from a
few years back?
BillyBob

"Thomas" scythicon311@yahoo(dot)com wrote in message
I just posted a picture on abpw of the infeed/outfeed tables on a Jet

model
JJ-6CSX jointer that I bought used.
Please take a look and tell me if this is the correct configuration of the
tables or should they be parallel to each other.
Thanks,
Thomas

See the drawing I made for you in ABPW. I think it summarizes everything
that a lot of people have been trying to describe in words.

Bob

BillyBob

"Mike Berger" wrote in message
Have you downloaded the manual? I thought the setup and calibration
instructions for the infeed and outfeed tables and blades were
pretty clear.

Hey, don't go rational on us and give out good advise. We have to justify
our fees as independent advisors of the wreck.

Ah, the joys of a decent manual. I've read a few myself.

Bob

BillyBob

wrote in message

hey, anybody have the link to that excellent jointer setup post from a
few years back?

fine woodworking did an article in may/june 2000 that includes making an
alignment jig from MDF and some sheetrock screws. Its a really nice 6 page
article with good pictures. Its available as a reprint (or PDF) on their
website, but you have to buy it.

Bob