rob

Default Experiences building with bamboo plywood ?

Has anyone built a cabinet or table with bamboo plywood ?

See http://www.plyboo.com/ for one manufacturer.

I'm wondering what glue and finishes it will take.

Any chance someone knows of a distriubtor in the Boston, MA area ?

Thanks,
rob baynes

brianlanning

Was the cracking caused by flexing? drying? or some other mysterious
force?

Also, what does it cost, how well does it machine, and is it hard on
blades and bits?

brian

rob

I just found this, which answers some of those questions. I still
can't find a suplier who will give me any prices.

http://www.greenbuildingsupply.com/P...wood/index.cfm

rob

Duh, that site sells bamboo plywood too.

Holy cow! check out the prices:
http://www.greenbuildingsupply.com/i...related_m1.cfm

Bamboo Plywood: Carbonized Horizontal 4' x 8' x 3/4" Price:
$278.25 a sheet!

Now I know why nobody carries or uses it.

brianlanning

Man, you'd think it was a fraction of that. maybe it's because we
can't grow it here. or maybe it takes a lot more processing to get it
to be shaped like that. Oh well. I was hoping for a sheet stock as
good as ply, but cheaper.

brian

Robatoy

In article .com,
"rob" wrote:

Bamboo Plywood: Carbonized Horizontal 4' x 8' x 3/4" Price:
$278.25 a sheet!

That's a non-starter for anything I'd be interested in...i.e. countertop
substrate... my goodness.
SonomaProducts.com

I believe I posted this elsewhere but direct from Plyboo, last I
checked, it was $170 a sheet. I also saw that my local suppliers had it
for $190.