DIYGUY

Default These are simply awesome ...

.... sanding pads. If you have not tried the Norton 3X ROS pads yet do
not hesitate. I picked up three packages of 60-150-220 at the BORG a
few weeks ago and got around to trying them out over the weekend. They
are simply stunning. There is no clogging to speak of and they do a
great job.

I was hesitant to buy them at first because my usual pattern is to start
with 80 grit, move to 120 and then 180 and possibly 220 as a final pass.
I wondered about the 150 being up to taking out the swirls of the 60
without burning up a lot of pads. Surprise! Not only does the 60 cut
my first pass sanding time down, but the 150 pads do a fine job of
cleaning up the swirl marks and the final pass at 220 saves me a sanding
step. All this and they really do look like they will last 3x as long.
If you haven't tried them yet you will not be disappointed.
Swingman

"DIYGUY" wrote in message

If you haven't tried them yet you will not be disappointed.

Thanks for the tip on the Norton ROS pads ... as it is, and when I can't
scrape, here lately I find myself sanding more and more by hand with Norton
sandpaper, by preference.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 9/17/05

HF 34706 lathe Dominic Palazzola Woodturning 56 March 8th 04 11:21 AM
OT-John Kerry Gunner Metalworking 137 February 11th 04 07:38 PM
OT - Gunner Quote Cliff Huprich Metalworking 183 January 27th 04 09:20 AM
Ceiling fans simply pull toilet odors and airborne germs up into the air Bill Berdux Home Repair 11 January 6th 04 03:22 PM
Simply - a screwdriver Davey UK diy 19 August 3rd 03 02:43 PM