Leonard Lopez

Default need bullet catches

I need to replace some bullet catches - preferably of the same size as
the originals. They are a 3/4 inch ball with a 7/8 inches outside
diameter;thay have an adjustable feature for the depth of the ball.
Does naybody know where I can buy 2 dozen of them?

Toller

Brainerd Mfg used to make them as (if I recall properly after 8 years) the
697.

Don't know if they still do, but you can check with them if you can find
them.

Morris Dovey

Leonard Lopez (in ) said:

| I need to replace some bullet catches - preferably of the same size
| as the originals. They are a 3/4 inch ball with a 7/8 inches outside
| diameter;thay have an adjustable feature for the depth of the ball.
| Does naybody know where I can buy 2 dozen of them?

Haefele makes a variety of different sizes and types. I went here and
used their online catalog to find bullet catches under "furniture
locks and catches":
http://www.haefele.com/english/products/furniture.htm

Not an easy site to navigate; and not a particularly easy company to
buy from.

Their product is ok, though.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Larry Jaques

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 10:04:32 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm,
Leonard Lopez quickly quoth:

I need to replace some bullet catches - preferably of the same size as
the originals. They are a 3/4 inch ball with a 7/8 inches outside
diameter;thay have an adjustable feature for the depth of the ball.
Does naybody know where I can buy 2 dozen of them?

Man what are these for, catches on a military Deuce cabinet?

www.LeeValley.com has smaller 7/16" Brussos.
www.wwhardware.com has smaller 1/2" adjustables.

Ah, here ya go:
http://www.dlawlesshardware.com/bulcat34c2.html
I'd never seen the French Door ball catch before.
Velly Intelesting.
http://doityourself.com/store/u285236.htm
http://www.vandykes.com/product/02290388/

7/8" bo
http://www.blumhinges.com/ball-catch-p-2208.html

I Googled for "hardware 3/4 bullet catch" after "bullet catch" gave
me a bunch of Penn & Teller trick sites.

--
"Simplicity of life, even the barest, is not misery but
the very foundation of refinement." --William Morris
Mark & Juanita

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 20:48:12 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 10:04:32 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm,
Leonard Lopez quickly quoth:

I need to replace some bullet catches - preferably of the same size as
the originals. They are a 3/4 inch ball with a 7/8 inches outside
diameter;thay have an adjustable feature for the depth of the ball.
Does naybody know where I can buy 2 dozen of them?

Man what are these for, catches on a military Deuce cabinet?

www.LeeValley.com has smaller 7/16" Brussos.
www.wwhardware.com has smaller 1/2" adjustables.

Ah, here ya go:
http://www.dlawlesshardware.com/bulcat34c2.html
I'd never seen the French Door ball catch before.
Velly Intelesting.

Yeah, real interesting. We had those in our former house on the french
doors to the master bath. What's really fun is when they fail. The
failure mechanism is that the brass lip holding that 3/4" ball wears and
fails. Now, when that happens, it usually occurs when one is opening the
door. Since the ball has been compressed into its spring-loaded recess
while the door is closed, having the lip fail while the spring is returning
the ball to its undeployed position results in a rather exciting launch
(did I mention that this is a 3/4" *steel* ball bearing?) and random
landing in the immediate vicinity of the unfortunate person opening the
door.

http://doityourself.com/store/u285236.htm
http://www.vandykes.com/product/02290388/

7/8" bo
http://www.blumhinges.com/ball-catch-p-2208.html

I Googled for "hardware 3/4 bullet catch" after "bullet catch" gave
me a bunch of Penn & Teller trick sites.

Mike O.

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 10:04:32 -0500, Leonard Lopez
wrote:

I need to replace some bullet catches - preferably of the same size as
the originals. They are a 3/4 inch ball with a 7/8 inches outside
diameter;thay have an adjustable feature for the depth of the ball.
Does naybody know where I can buy 2 dozen of them?

I'm not sure if this is what you are after but here's a link to Van
Dykes that has a 7/8" catch.
http://www.vandykes.com/product/02018546/

We use a similar catch for double closet doors and just pick them up
at the local lumber yard.

Mike O.
Larry Jaques

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 21:02:05 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm, Mark
& Juanita quickly quoth:

[...]

"OUCH!" he squeaked, in a much higher-than-normal tone of voice.

--
"Simplicity of life, even the barest, is not misery but
the very foundation of refinement." --William Morris
www.diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development
Mark & Juanita

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 17:24:19 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

[...]

I get your meaning, but ours were mounted at the top of the door.