Larry Jaques

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 21:02:05 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm, Mark
& Juanita quickly quoth:

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 20:48:12 -0700, Larry Jaques

Ah, here ya go:
http://www.dlawlesshardware.com/bulcat34c2.html
I'd never seen the French Door ball catch before.
Velly Intelesting.

Yeah, real interesting. We had those in our former house on the french
doors to the master bath. What's really fun is when they fail. The
failure mechanism is that the brass lip holding that 3/4" ball wears and
fails. Now, when that happens, it usually occurs when one is opening the
door. Since the ball has been compressed into its spring-loaded recess
while the door is closed, having the lip fail while the spring is returning
the ball to its undeployed position results in a rather exciting launch
(did I mention that this is a 3/4" *steel* ball bearing?) and random
landing in the immediate vicinity of the unfortunate person opening the
door.

"OUCH!" he squeaked, in a much higher-than-normal tone of voice.

--
"Simplicity of life, even the barest, is not misery but
the very foundation of refinement." --William Morris