Pedro Popadopolous

Default Where can I buy those small butterfly catches?

Hi,

You know those small metal butterfly catches that you use to hold a shed
door shut, about inch and a half to 2 inches long with a screw hole in the
middle, I have looked in all the high street diy places and can't find them.
Anyone any ideas?

Thanks

Lobster

Pedro Popadopolous wrote:

You know those small metal butterfly catches that you use to hold a shed
door shut, about inch and a half to 2 inches long with a screw hole in the
middle, I have looked in all the high street diy places and can't find them.

These things?

Pretty sure B&Q sell them too.

David
Stefek Zaba

Pedro Popadopolous wrote:

You know those small metal butterfly catches that you use to hold a shed
door shut, about inch and a half to 2 inches long with a screw hole in the
middle, I have looked in all the high street diy places and can't find them.
Anyone any ideas?

Take any bit of scrap you have in your 'will come in useful one day'
box(es), drill a hole in the middle, countersink it if you're feeling flash.

If you insist on spending money, add partnum 14197 to your next Screwfix
order - 1.80 for 10, or 15.99 for 100 in case you want to give one to
everyone on the allotment ;-) Or try a non-high-street-diy-place - a
Local DIY Shoppe for Local People, or 'ironmongers' as they're quaintly
known, maybe with the incantation 'turn button catch' (and a piccie from
the Sfix website ;-).

HTH - Stefek
Pedro Popadopolous

"Lobster" wrote in message
Pedro Popadopolous wrote:

You know those small metal butterfly catches that you use to hold a shed
door shut, about inch and a half to 2 inches long with a screw hole in
the middle, I have looked in all the high street diy places and can't
find them.

These things?

Pretty sure B&Q sell them too.

You star

I did check screwfix but not really knowing what they were called didn't
help. I did also check my local B&Q and they had none :-(

Thanks

Paul

David Lang

Hi Paul
I did check screwfix but not really knowing what they were called didn't
help. I did also check my local B&Q and they had none :-(

I bought one in my local B&Q about 2 weeks ago. Trouble is the hardware
section is usually such a mess you have to root around to find anything.
Homebase are tidier!

Dave

Chris Bacon

Pedro Popadopolous wrote:
You know those small metal butterfly catches that you use to hold a shed
door shut, about inch and a half to 2 inches long with a screw hole in the
middle, I have looked in all the high street diy places and can't find them.
Anyone any ideas?

I think you mean a turnbutton. An ironmonger or similar.