blueman

Default Are MCLS Boomer clamps any good?

They seem to have a good deal on a set of 3 clamps (24", 36", 50") for
$66.95

Anybody ever use them before?
- Are they good quality?
- Are they good value?
- If not, what other brands would you recommend that are reasonably
priced?

Thanks

BillyBob

"blueman" wrote in message
They seem to have a good deal on a set of 3 clamps (24", 36", 50") for
$66.95

Anybody ever use them before?
- Are they good quality?
- Are they good value?
- If not, what other brands would you recommend that are reasonably
priced?

They are kind of special purpose for clamp on fence applications. I use a
shop made sawboard with spring clamps for that purpose and not all that
often. I think it would be overkill to have three of them, unless you had
some kind of production need. What do you want to use them for?

Bob

Andy

I have the 24" model, and it's pretty good. One thing to note - the
handle to tighten the clamp is fairly small and metal - not very
ergonomic, and kind of hard to put a lot of pressure on it. Also, this
handle moves depending on the size of your material, and seems to end
up in an inconvenient spot. Their "Boomer Red" model, or equivalent
ones at Rockler or Amazon, have handles that look better to me.
Overall, though, it's a unique clamp design that is a good straightedge
for routing a groove, etc.
Andy

Clamps Darrell Feltmate Woodturning 6 January 19th 05 08:32 AM
A good small bandsaw Tom Dacon Woodworking 7 November 2nd 04 08:05 PM
good inspector to recommend in the Boston area? Tony Home Ownership 0 October 19th 04 04:38 PM
Clamps from Borg Robert Rushing Woodworking 26 September 10th 04 10:08 PM
FS : Pipe Clamps & Deep throat Pipe clamps Rob V Woodworking 5 February 14th 04 02:33 PM