mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net

Default Circular Saw recommendations (resending - meant to start a new thread)

Okay, now I'm looking to buy a good circular saw. Last weekend, my old
circular starting burping on me and it's barely worth its weight in
scrap metal.

So ... I was looking at the Milwaukee 6390-21 Tilt-Lok handle model.
That's running $130. Looks like more than I'll ever need.

Another one I'm looking at is the Bosch 1658B-01. One seller has it
"new in box" for only $90. SOunds like a steal.

My other option is to buy a reconditioned Bosch CS20. That's running
about $96.

Any opinions on these selections, or some other model? The $130 is
pretty much the most I'd want to spend.

Thanks!

Phisherman

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 13:41:49 -0600, "mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net"
"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" wrote:

Okay, now I'm looking to buy a good circular saw. Last weekend, my old
circular starting burping on me and it's barely worth its weight in
scrap metal.

So ... I was looking at the Milwaukee 6390-21 Tilt-Lok handle model.
That's running $130. Looks like more than I'll ever need.

Another one I'm looking at is the Bosch 1658B-01. One seller has it
"new in box" for only $90. SOunds like a steal.

My other option is to buy a reconditioned Bosch CS20. That's running
about $96.

Any opinions on these selections, or some other model? The $130 is
pretty much the most I'd want to spend.

Thanks!

I have the DeWalt DW364 7.25" circular saw and have no complaints. The
shoe is large, tilt adjusts easily, long cord, easy to handle, and has
an electric brake. I forgot what I paid, but it has been a decent
power tool in my shop for many years. There have been times I wish I
had a circular saw with a smaller blade.
bob

I have the Milwaukee and love it. Plenty of power, balanced, smooth and you
can't beat the Tilt-Lok.

Bob

"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" "mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" wrote
in message ...
Okay, now I'm looking to buy a good circular saw. Last weekend, my old
circular starting burping on me and it's barely worth its weight in scrap
metal.

So ... I was looking at the Milwaukee 6390-21 Tilt-Lok handle model.
That's running $130. Looks like more than I'll ever need.

Another one I'm looking at is the Bosch 1658B-01. One seller has it "new
in box" for only $90. SOunds like a steal.

My other option is to buy a reconditioned Bosch CS20. That's running
about $96.

Any opinions on these selections, or some other model? The $130 is pretty
much the most I'd want to spend.

Thanks!

Randal

"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" "mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" wrote:

Okay, now I'm looking to buy a good circular saw. Last weekend, my old
circular starting burping on me and it's barely worth its weight in
scrap metal.

So ... I was looking at the Milwaukee 6390-21 Tilt-Lok handle model.
That's running $130. Looks like more than I'll ever need.

Another one I'm looking at is the Bosch 1658B-01. One seller has it
"new in box" for only $90. SOunds like a steal.

My other option is to buy a reconditioned Bosch CS20. That's running
about $96.

Any opinions on these selections, or some other model? The $130 is
pretty much the most I'd want to spend.

Thanks!

I have the Bosch cs20. I love mine. There was a recall on them, probably
the reason it was reconditioned. They installed the wrong spring in the
gaurd assembly, so the gaurd wasn't always going back. I looked at
Milwaukee and the PC. Nobody carried the Mil I wanted locally, and I like
the toolless blade change, and the dust collection of the pc. But I went
with the Bosch due to it's smaller base plate, lightweight, and ability to
use however long a cord you need. I have also ordered the dust collection
accessories, that I am starting to see for all saws.
gadgetman

I have the porter cable, a little more expensive but works well, very
powerful, adjusts easily for depth and no kick back.