Ade

Default Festool Circular Saw TS55 / AT65 /AP55 AP65 / AP85 - recommendations & cheapest UK supplier

Hello There

I'm in the UK and have finally convinced SWMBO that I can purchase the
Festool circular saw I want, (TS55)

There are 5 models on their website, which would you recommend?

I'm looking to use it for making kitchen & wardrobe carcass etc

Do you know of any offers at present rather than the £380 rutlands
want to charge?
gandalf

"Ade" wrote in message
om...
Hello There

I'm in the UK and have finally convinced SWMBO that I can purchase the
Festool circular saw I want, (TS55)

---------------
I bought one (same price), paid by card over the phone. They delivered it
and the world was a happy place. Until they sent the invoice through the
post and the wife opened it. lol

Anyways, it's a hell of tool.

There are 5 models on their website, which would you recommend?

--------------
The one Rutlands call: Ts55 Plunge Saw Kit.
Festool call it: TS 55 EQB-Plus-FS. In both cases the part number: 561192 is
the same.

I'm looking to use it for making kitchen & wardrobe carcass etc

-------------
Ideal tool for the job.

Do you know of any offers at present rather than the £380 rutlands
want to charge?

---------------
All the shops seem to sell at the same price. I bought mine from a place in
Leyburn Nth Yorkshire and paid the same as what you're looking at. You might
however be able to work a deal with one of them and maybe get something
chucked in for free as against a discount. For what you're intending to make
I would suggest getting the smaller rail (FS-800) as well as the big one as
it is a bit unwieldy for use on counter tops when you're in the kitchen.

You can sometimes get lucky on ebay. I bought the CT MINI vacuum as a 'must
have' accessory for mine (once the wife had lowered her radar) from there
saving about 50 quid, and it sucks up every bit of nasty MDF dust, and that
saw makes very very small dust particles that just hang in the air with
extraction. I've just had a poke about on ebay and there is one: 4365939315
but it does not appear to have systainer (fancy but useful box). You might
need to factor the cost of one of those in, which would be a little over 40
quid according to my 2004 price list.

gandalf

"gandalf" wrote in message

....... and that saw makes very very small dust particles that just hang
in the air with extraction.

-------------
Should read without extraction....

gandalf wrote:
"gandalf" wrote in message

....... and that saw makes very very small dust particles that just

hang
in the air with extraction.

Should read without extraction....

Ade, have a look at www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums There's quite a few