Fred

Default Any good books or videos on kitchen cabinets?

I could do simple cabinets but I like to see how the pros do it regarding
construction method, wood and hardware selection. Do you frame in place like
the old track homes or build individual cabinets? Good book and video
suggestions will be appreciated.

David

Fred wrote:

I could do simple cabinets but I like to see how the pros do it regarding
construction method, wood and hardware selection. Do you frame in place like
the old track homes or build individual cabinets? Good book and video
suggestions will be appreciated.

"Build your own Kitchen Cabinets" by Danny Proulx covers lots of
construction details.

Build individual cabinets.

Dave
LP

On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 01:33:58 GMT, Allan Bartel
wrote:

In article , says...
I could do simple cabinets but I like to see how the pros do it regarding
construction method, wood and hardware selection. Do you frame in place like
the old track homes or build individual cabinets? Good book and video
suggestions will be appreciated.

Once source for a book on kitchen cabinets is
http://home.insightbb.com/
~jpaquay/byokc.html

He provides a sample on line of a book he wrote on building either
European style or face frame cabinets, which he sells on this page.

Allan

Another source of some good info is the "cabinetmaking Made Easy"
video that you can get from http://www.sommerfeldtools.com/. It's on
sale right now for $9.90
Granted, the video is mostly meant to sell you a set of router bits
and a pocket hole system. However, I have both, and find this method
of cabinet construction to be a lot faster and easier than the way I
was doing it. If nothing else the vido will give you insights into
yet another way of doing things.