Alan Belkin

Default delta and black and decker?

Are they the same company?

Jim

"Alan Belkin" wrote in message
Are they the same company?

Yes. Black and Decker bought PC and Delta last Christmas. Thus B & D now
sells tools under their own name, PC, Delta, and DeWalt.
Jim

no(SPAM)vasys

Alan Belkin wrote:
Are they the same company?

Pentair, the parent company of Delta Woodworking, was bought out by
Black & Decker in June of 2004.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

(Remove -SPAM- to send email)
Roy Smith

In article ,
"no(SPAM)vasys" wrote:

Alan Belkin wrote:
Are they the same company?

Pentair, the parent company of Delta Woodworking, was bought out by
Black & Decker in June of 2004.

Actually, B&D just bought Pentair's tool division (Delta, Porter-Cable, and
maybe some other brands). Pentair still exists with other business lines
outside of what they sold to B&D.
Leon

"Alan Belkin" wrote in message
Are they the same company?

No. Separate companies. However B&D now owns Delta and PC.

Hedley

Something funny I heard a while back... when B+D bought out DeWalt and
started moving into the contractor market, their competitors coined the
phrase "Yellow-Deckers" in referring to DeWalt products.

Ha Ha ha h..., ummmm.... sorry of you've already heard it.

"Alan Belkin" wrote in message
Are they the same company?

Cherokee-Ltd

"Hedley" wrote in message
Something funny I heard a while back... when B+D bought out DeWalt and
started moving into the contractor market, their competitors coined the
phrase "Yellow-Deckers" in referring to DeWalt products.

LOL, I suppose we can start looking for the Grey and Decker Unisaws at
Wal-Mart.

-Brian

Frank Boettcher

On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 16:14:51 -0400, "Alan Belkin"
wrote:

Are they the same company?

Black and Decker bought all of the assets of the Pentair Tool Group on
October 3, 2004. This included the legal entity Delta International
Machinery. The names included are Delta, Porter Cable, Devilbiss Air
Power Products and all of their private branded names, Biesemeyer, and
any products that are sold when imported by Orion such as the Sears
Cabinet saw that was introduced last year with a Biesemeyer fence
system.

These are all B & D brand names and private brands, not separate
companies.

Frank

Black and Decker bought Porter Cable and nobody noticed. Ernie Leimkuhler Metalworking 11 January 6th 05 04:06 AM
Black & Decker R. Wink Woodworking 1 December 21st 04 09:37 AM
Porter Cable, Delta, DeWalt - Oh Boy! RonB Woodworking 13 August 29th 04 03:14 PM
Black & Decker buys Porter Cable and Delta Rich Coers Woodworking 2 July 24th 04 03:31 PM
Delta TS300 or Ryobi BTS3100 Table Saw? Bruce Woodworking 10 April 4th 04 05:14 PM