RonB

Default Porter Cable, Delta, DeWalt - Oh Boy!

Should be interesting. Up until now, Norm wouldn't answer any questions
regarding anything but Delta. Now he should love everyone.

(By the way - check your computer clock setting. Either you are set one
month late or Rod Serling is looking over my shoulder.)

"Brian L" wrote in message
Ok, now that DeWalt has purchased PC & Delta, how long do you think it

will
be before YELLOW starts showing up in the New Yankee Workshop?

Brian

Yves

I might be wrong, but it wasn't Black and Decker who bought PC ? Delta,

I'm affraid now, if dewalt bough PC & Delta, Now Dewalt owns, Black &
Decker, PC & delta!!!

We'll see a lot of yellow that's for sure!!!

"Brian L" a écrit dans le message de
Ok, now that DeWalt has purchased PC & Delta, how long do you think it

will
be before YELLOW starts showing up in the New Yankee Workshop?

Brian

f/256

"Yves" wrote in message
.. .
I might be wrong, but it wasn't Black and Decker who bought PC ? Delta,

I'm affraid now, if dewalt bough PC & Delta, Now Dewalt owns, Black &
Decker, PC & delta!!!

The other way around actually, It is Black and Decker who owns Dewalt and
Kwikset and Baldwin and Weiser and Price Pfister, plus more.

Edwin Pawlowski

"Yves" wrote in message
.. .
I might be wrong, but it wasn't Black and Decker who bought PC ? Delta,

I'm affraid now, if dewalt bough PC & Delta, Now Dewalt owns, Black &
Decker, PC & delta!!!

B & D already owns DeWalt. Could be a whole new array of colors.
Ed

Bill Schnakenberg

f/256 wrote:

"Yves" wrote in message
. ..

I might be wrong, but it wasn't Black and Decker who bought PC ? Delta,

I'm affraid now, if dewalt bough PC & Delta, Now Dewalt owns, Black &
Decker, PC & delta!!!

The other way around actually, It is Black and Decker who owns Dewalt and
Kwikset and Baldwin and Weiser and Price Pfister, plus more.

B&D bought out the kitchen GE products, like the coffee makers, AFAIK.
Maybe the whole GE appliance line, too.

Paul in MN

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

"Yves" wrote in message
.. .
I might be wrong, but it wasn't Black and Decker who bought PC ? Delta,

I'm affraid now, if dewalt bough PC & Delta, Now Dewalt owns, Black &
Decker, PC & delta!!!

B & D already owns DeWalt. Could be a whole new array of colors.
Ed

Don't worry everyone. I think I'm going to buy Black & Decker and see if I
can't get this whole mess sorted out.

P.

J. Clarke

Bill Schnakenberg wrote:

f/256 wrote:

"Yves" wrote in message

I might be wrong, but it wasn't Black and Decker who bought PC ? Delta,

I'm affraid now, if dewalt bough PC & Delta, Now Dewalt owns, Black &
Decker, PC & delta!!!

The other way around actually, It is Black and Decker who owns Dewalt and
Kwikset and Baldwin and Weiser and Price Pfister, plus more.

B&D bought out the kitchen GE products, like the coffee makers, AFAIK.
Maybe the whole GE appliance line, too.

FWIW, their kitchen stuff is as crummy as the rest--got one of their rice
steamers. Lasted about two years. Got another one, lasted a year. Said
to Hell with it and got a high-end Panasonic, which, well, I don't recall
how long I've had it but it's lasted a Hell of a lot longer than the Black
and Deckers. Glad to know about Price-Pfister though--that's one brand of
faucets to scratch off the list.

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)
Rumpty

Glad to know about Price-Pfister though--that's one brand of
faucets to scratch off the list.

I have an associate who consults for P-P, after her comments, I agree

--

Rumpty

"J. Clarke" wrote in message
Bill Schnakenberg wrote:

f/256 wrote:

[...]

Rumpty

Don't worry everyone. I think I'm going to buy Black & Decker and see if I
can't get this whole mess sorted out.

Sounds like a job for BAD.

--

Rumpty

"Paul in MN" wrote in message

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

"Yves" wrote in message
.. .
I might be wrong, but it wasn't Black and Decker who bought PC ?

Delta,

I'm affraid now, if dewalt bough PC & Delta, Now Dewalt owns, Black &
Decker, PC & delta!!!

B & D already owns DeWalt. Could be a whole new array of colors.
Ed

Don't worry everyone. I think I'm going to buy Black & Decker and see if

can't get this whole mess sorted out.

P.

Wes Stewart

On Sat, 31 Jul 2004 10:06:55 -0400, "Rumpty"
wrote:

|Glad to know about Price-Pfister though--that's one brand of
|faucets to scratch off the list.
|

|I have an associate who consults for P-P, after her comments, I agree

Because I'm planning to completely remodel the kitchen (one of these
days) when the old single-handle faucet (Moen) needed replacing, I
bought a new P-P at the borg. Not the top of the line, but still a
few bucks.

About a day after installing it, SWMBO says, "The handle on that new
faucet is loose."

I say, "Hmmm, must need tightening." Pop the cap and sure enough the
screw is loose. Tighten it up and go back to beer drinking.

Coupla days later, whole thing repeats. Time to investigate. It
seems that the handle is held tight by a single sheet-metal screw
driven into the *plastic* end of the cartridge. No way in hell is
this going to hold up against the force applied by a six-inch lever.

So I go to P-P's web site and send them a comment wherein I state that
as an engineer, albeit in electronics, I recognize bad design when I
see it. I suggest that they should have at the least used a metal
insert in the plastic and a machine screw.

Never get a reply until one day a couple of weeks later when the UPS
man arrives. I can't recall ordering any tools that week, so I'm
mystified until I open the package and there is a whole brand new
faucet assembly.

I say to myself, "Self, this company is pretty cool, they took my
suggestion and fixed the problem and sent me a replacement."

This idea was dashed when I decided to actually look at the fix before
crawling inside the sink cabinet to R & R the faucet. You guessed
it... still a sheet metal screw into plastic.

The "old" new faucet is still place waiting the time I do the remodel
and put in a Kohler.
LRod

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 10:14:18 -0400, "Brian L"
wrote:

Ok, now that DeWalt has purchased PC & Delta, how long do you think it will
be before YELLOW starts showing up in the New Yankee Workshop?

Ahh, one of the most common of misconceptions. Norm has ALREADY used a
couple of Dewalt tools. He used the DW-682 biscuit jointer in a couple
of episodes (701 &804; that's 1995 and '96) and he used a DW-965 right
angle cordless drill in a couple of episodes (1205 & 1404).

- -
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net
B Man

I must admit, I'm surprised at the biscuit joiner - he usually uses Lamello.
As for the right angle drill - there's not many in the market - heck, even I
have a Dewalt there.

But I would lay bets in the next season of NYW, we're going to see Norm
using Dewalt circular saws, jig saws, drills, and other "common" tools.

Brian

news
wrote:

Ok, now that DeWalt has purchased PC & Delta, how long do you think it

will
be before YELLOW starts showing up in the New Yankee Workshop?

Ahh, one of the most common of misconceptions. Norm has ALREADY used a
couple of Dewalt tools. He used the DW-682 biscuit jointer in a couple
of episodes (701 &804; that's 1995 and '96) and he used a DW-965 right
angle cordless drill in a couple of episodes (1205 & 1404).

- -
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

Brian L